Chapter 19

Samuel Wilkinson's POV

I lay in bed, ready to go out with the girl that Jack has provided me. She said that I should leave my house around 8:00 and it's only 7:40 right now, so I have time.

I hear my front door open, and think nothing of it. My mom is probably leave for some where. But boy was I wrong.

Mack walks in my room with tear stained cheeks, and she lightly rubs her nose.

My heart breaks.

I jump up and go over to you. "You alright?" I ask. You dumbass. Obviously she isn't okay, she's sobbing into my chest.

"M-my m-mom," she tries to talk in between sobs.

"Hey hey," I say while I walk us back to my bed. "Breathe," I instruct, her head still in my chest.

What am I doing? I was about to cheat on her. She is so heartbroken I would be such a dick.

Her breathing starts to get normal and she brings her head up. Mascara runs down her cheeks, that are red, her eyes are blood-shot. Her hair is in a messy bun. She is in one of my hoodies, leggings, and white Nike elite socks. She was probably wearing some slides, but took them off. She is usually like that, polite, around other people besides family.

She takes a deep breath. I can tell she is trying to hold in her tears. "I, -um," she starts out and I could tell she doesn't really know how, or what to say. She sighs, "I'm just going to tell you the whole story."

I nod my head, and go sit on my bed so my back is on the headboard of my bed. "Come here," I say patting my lap.

She looks at me for a second, before coming up to me and straddling me. I fold my hands and put them on my chest, waiting for what she has to say. She starts to play with my fingers, keeping her occupied with herself as she starts to talk. "I was at our house, obviously alone. I knew you and Nate were in the studio at the time, and Jack was with Emily, or asleep. It was early in the morning. I was on the roof, drinking and smoking. I couldn't handle it. After maybe an hour or so of me crying, I went somewhere I thought I would never go. I went to the crash scene. Me being the stud person I am, I literally opened the passenger door, and saw an envelope on the ground. I picked it up and noticed it was addressed to my brother and I. I couldn't wait a few hours until it was day time, so I went over there. I woke him up and we read the letter together."

She stops as a few tears leave her eyes. I quickly wipe them and pull her into a hug. "Both my parents have cancer." She muffles into my chest.

What?

Her parents have cancer and I was at the verge of cheating on her. I'm such a douche, what the hell is wrong with me?

"I'm here, it'll be okay," I whisper in her ear and rub her back. I can feel a few tears leave her eyes, and her breathing becomes normal. She slowly drifts off to sleep. I put her under the covers. I take off my shirt and pants and then put on some sweatpants before getting in with her.

--

Okay lmao I know a lot of you guys (including me) thought that Sammy was going to cheat, and then Mack would go to Gilinsky, but then I thought that's kinda weird and tbh I liker her better with Sammy lol

And I hope you like this chapter. It's like 600 words. I even said at the beginning of this thing that some updates will be short.

So, fuck you guys. I'm already having enough issues in my life, and writing is my escape, I don't want that taken away from me.