Chapter 14

[1 Year Later]

"C'mon! Bring Toby and Vanessa with you," Sam begs.

"I don't want to, Sam. Why don't you just go with the guys?"

"Because," he says walking closer to me. He lightly pushes me against the wall and whispers in my ear, "I want to come home with you."

My breath hitches, and I nod my head yes. "I'll go."

He backs away with a big smile on his face, "great. Go get ready, we're leaving soon."

I nod my head and make my way up to our shared bedroom. I quickly take a shower, and put on matching white lace panties and bra.

I grab a cheetah crop top, and put that on. I find my leather skater skirt and put that on, followed by a dark red, blazer.

I lightly curl my hair, before applying my makeup. Foundation, smokey eye, mascara, and eyeliner. I debate a little with myself wether I should put on lipstick or not, before deciding with a red. I put on a necklace Sam had gotten me for my birthday recently, and some matching gold brackets. I look at myself in the mirror, and for once I'm happy with myself.

I have been for a while, I've moved on from my hard breakup, and my hard past. I've learned to ignore the bad things, and focus on the good.

I grab some high platformed black ankle boots, and put those on.

"You ready- wow," Sam says walking into the bedroom. I blush.

"I'm ready, are you?"

He can't keep his eyes off of me as he slowly answers, "yeah, I'm ready."

I smile and crab my clutch and head for the door. "C'mon, we gotta get the girls."

He slowly follows me, his eyes still locked on my body. Recently I've learned that's a good thing, so I guess you could say it boots my self-esteem. "Sam," I say sternly snapping my finger in his face.

He blinks before smirking up at me. "I'm so lucky. I love you."

I blush and he lightly pushed me against the car door, before kissing me. He hands go to my waist, letting me know I'm safe with him, a feeling I like.

My hands go around his neck, and deepen the kiss. I pull away and look in his eyes, "I love you."

-

"Let's go get drinks," Toby shouts over the music to Vanessa and I.

We nod and follow her, getting ourselves some drinks. I'm glad I have a friend like Toby, always here for me, when she can be.

We go to the dance floor with our drinks in hand, having a fun time. "Mack!" I hear my brother yell.

Why is he calling for me?

"C'mon," he says visible tears in his eyes. I shove my drink to Toby and follow him out of the house.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Mom, she got in a crash," he says and tears leave his eyes.

My hearts stops, I can't loose my mom. She is one of the closest people to me. "Mack! Where are you going?" Sammy asks running out of the house.

I don't say anything, I just grab his hand and pull him into the back seat with me while Jack drives. "Bro, what's going on?" Sammy asks.

Jack takes a breath, "my mom got in a crash," he hiccups before visible tears leave his eyes.

"Oh my god," Sam whispers. He pulls me close to him and I cry into his chest. My mother is one of the most important people to me, I would hate to loose her.

-

The three of us sit outside her room, waiting for a response. I hope she lives, I need my mother in my life.

"Johnson family?" The doctor asks. Jack and I stand up and walk over to him. Jack takes my shaky and sweaty hand in his as we wait for what he's about to say. The doctor takes a deep breath. This can't be good. "I'm sorry, she didn't make it."

My heart drops to my stomach and I turn to Jack and cry onto his shoulder. "She can't be gone, Jack."

He hugs me tight and rubs my back. "I don't want to believe it either."

I release Jack and walk over to Sam. "I want to go to our home," I choke out to him before more tears leave my eyes. I bite my lip not wanting to make a more fool fool of myself.

"Yeah, okay. C'mon, baby lets go," he stands up and take my hand.

We get in the back of Jacks car and he drives us to our apartment. "Are you going to be fine, Jack?" I ask him.

"I have Emily, I should be pretty fine. I'll text you if I need to though, love you," he says and I kiss his cheek before getting out of his car.

Sam and I walk into our apartment, and I close the door and slide down in. I bring my knees up to my face and tears leave my eyes, followed by sobs from my mouth.

San immediately comes down next to me, and holds me close. "Shh," he soothes rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

I can tell he's tempted to rub my upper leg, but the state I'm in right now, he knows better then to do that.

He leans me against the door, and takes off my heels, and puts them right by the door. He takes off my blazer, and picks me up bridal style.

When we get to our bedroom, he gets one of my sweats and his shirt. He takes off my shirt and sees the lace panties. "Baby," he groans.

"Don't y-you think ab-about it, Sam," I say hiccuping.

He shakes his head, "right. Sorry."

He puts on my sweats and takes off my crop top and sucks in his breath before quickly putting on his shirt, on me.

I lay down in bed, and Sam follows, shirtless. I lay my head on his chest and listen to his steady heartbeat, as he rubs my hair.

I slowly drift to sleep.

---

I feel bad for having v bad writes block and not updating so here is a longer one! What do you guys think?