Entry # 52: Axe of Justice

"How long do you think has the lizard been waiting for us to pass by, just to say some dramatic monologue about our souls being the key to their eternal freedom, vengeance and whatnot?"

"Not now, Jerry. Not now." Alice hissed, her cyan gaze glued to the imposing figure standing atop the jagged cliff before them. Alphys glared down at the human children like they're the worst people to have ever existed in all of known history. Four of the human children (Justin, Alice, Saturn and surprisingly Viorel) glared back at Alphys like she's a bag of trash that's been hurled towards them by some mischievous gremlin. Gerard looked bored, Jaede is understandably terrified and Chara has a neutral expression on his face. Honestly, all seven of them weren't even listening to her speech. They just want to get this over with.

"Understand?" Alphys growled, ending the first part of her monologue.

"No, not really." Saturn huffed, earning a nudge on the arm from Chara.

"Do not provoke her." Alice chastised.

"As if that was needed for her to skewer us like a kebab." Viorel thought darkly.

"However, as it is customary for all who had managed to make it this far, I shall tell you the tragic story of my people. . ." Alphys continued, ignoring Saturn's comment.

"But we've heard that story before." Said girl whined, the volume of her voice lowered to a petulant mumble. Knowing that the chances of Alphys hearing her statement are little to none (unless she has enhanced hearing or any other ability along the line of that), Alice didn't bother scolding her this time.

Justin's hand found itself wrapped around the handle of his revolver once more, the grooved rubber grip cool and familiar beneath his digits. A quick shot and this pestilential problem will be solved, was the rather morally questionable thought running in the boy's head as his brilliant yellow irises narrowed in aggravation. Then he winced and gently rubbed his temple with his free other hand. There it is again, the buzzing at the back of his head whenever he thinks about doing just that, always escalating into a full-blown headache should he ignore the warning. Around him, queues of of 1s and 0s as well as patches of inky darkness connecting the Underground and the Void flickered in and out of existence. The brunette concluded that he's probably the only one able to see those, considering that his siblings paid no heed to the glitches threatening to swarm the area.

"So you don't want her dead huh? Wonder why?" Justin huffed and reluctantly withdrew his hand from his father's gun. Screw his sister's theory; whoever is in control of this d*drunk*n place does not have everyone's (and by everyone he meant himself and his brothers and sisters) best interests in mind if they're going to allow this reptile to do away with them.

How to break away from their hold, he wonders.

His yellow Soul flashed red.

Justin blinked. What was he thinking again?

"NGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!"

The brunette nearly jumped out of his skin when Alphys howled an ear-piercing battle cry and leapt off the cliff with an axe in hand. The Captain landed in front of them, sending dust and pebbles flying everywhere. In response to that, the children raised their arms and hands to shield their faces, especially their eyes, from the debris. Their surroundings immediy shifted to pitch black.

"Wait, the story is over?" Justin questioned.

"S-She said we didn't deserve to know since we'll die anyway!" Jaede squeaked in terror, gripping her twin's arm like her life depended on it.

"But we already knew the story!" Saturn yammered, lifting her hands in the air out of exasperation.

"No one's going to die!" Chara exclaimed with utmost confidence. "Not this time around." He added in his head.