Entry # 53: Why r u running? I just wanna high-five ur face with an axe

"NGGAAAAAAAAHHHH! STOP RUNNING, YOU COWARDLY MIDGETS!"

"How about no!?"

"C'MERE AND FACE ME LIKE A MAN!"

"About half of us a girls, dummy!"

"Sat, Sati, shut your trap! You are only making the lizard angrier!"

"I'm merely stating the facts, Lizzy!"

"Can we please just focus of running and dodging instead of sassing her!?"

"Like keeping our mouths shut will make her stop chasing us!"

". . . How did I survive ten years living under the same roof as all of you?"

"You're questioning that now, Just?!"

"GOTTA GO FAST, GUYS! GOTTA GO FAST!"

"Now is not the time for memes, Gerard!"

"C, there is always a time for memes–!"

"AXE TO THE RIGHT!"

At Jaede's shriek of terror, Gerard sidestepped, narrowly avoiding said weapon. It dispersed in an instant after crashing on the rocky path. The fallen children are running for quite some time now, being pursued by a relentless, hot-blooded reptilian monster who kept on throwing golden axes at them.

They already sprinted past a variety of landmarks and infrastructure, including but not limited to: a wide river with floating blocks of ice on its surface; a statue that resembles a human in a cloak surrounded by glowing crystals shaped like flowers; a quartz dome with a sign that says "bucket ham palace" hanging above its entrance; a gigantic chessboard using carpets as modified chess pieces; a ridiculously tall cobblestone tower with horizontal pink stripes at its base; boulders spelling the words LOVE and FEAR in the background with the latter word crossed out by red paint; and a shop with colossal fireworks protruding on its rooftop. Still, Alphys remained hot on their trail like a lone wolf on a hunt, as if the battle earlier didn't exhaust her as much as they thought.

Then again, the kids seem to be just fine with speedrunning the route that connects the Waterfall to the Hotlands even after all that dodging they did during their encounter with the Royal Guard's Captain.

Whilst dashing past an obnoxious neon sign hammered on a cliffside that says "WELCOME TO THE WATERFALL", Viorel's phone suddenly rang. The blunette yelped and nearly tripped in surprise, while his siblings looked at him in varying degrees of confusion and curiosity.

"Answer it." A certain red eyes brunette said.

"We're on the run, Chara." Justin countered, looking over his shoulder as he shot an axe hurling towards Alice and another about to crash onto him.

Chas shrugged, leaning left to avoid one of the golden weapons. "Could be Dad."

"All the more reason why we should not answer it." Alice deadpanned. The other kids nodded collectively.

"Could be Sans then." Chara said.

"And why should we answer it if it is indeed Sans?" Alice arched a brow, dodging an axe that nearly slashed her ponytail. Again.

". . . Because he's a friend?" Jaede spoke.

"Because he might give us a tip that may, or may not, save our skins?" Gerard chirped.

"Because he's going to tell us to hang out with the lizard who wants to murder us in cold blood?" Saturn giggled.

Viorel stared at her. "The heck, Sati?"