Entry # 45: The One In Control

Warning: Mentions of blood and bleeding up ahead.

✨ • ✨ • ✨

ENTRY XX
AUGUST XX OF 2XXX
8:49 AM

INTEGRITY, soul of honesty and rectitude.

JUSTICE, soul of fairness and honor.

Both traits whose amount of DETERMINATION vary depending on one's connection with morality. Should the human break the morals they believe in, then these Soul Traits are quite easy to lose. The difference is that while JUSTICE revolves around impartiality and one's perception of right and wrong, INTEGRITY focuses on sincerity and the general interpretation of good and evil.

❄︎☟︎☜︎ 🕈︎⚐︎☼︎☹︎👎︎ ✋︎💧︎ ☠︎⚐︎❄︎ ✌︎☹︎🕈︎✌︎✡︎💧︎ 👌︎☹︎✌︎👍︎😐︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ 🕈︎☟︎✋︎❄︎☜︎📪︎ ☟︎⚐︎🕈︎☜︎✞︎☜︎☼︎📬︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎☼︎☜︎ ✌︎☼︎☜︎ 💧︎☜︎✞︎☜︎☼︎✌︎☹︎ 💧︎✋︎👎︎☜︎💧︎ ⚐︎☞︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎ ❄︎☼︎🕆︎❄︎☟︎📪︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ❄︎☟︎✌︎❄︎ ✋︎💧︎ 🕈︎☟︎✌︎❄︎ 💣︎✌︎😐︎☜︎💧︎ ☼︎☜︎❄︎✌︎✋︎☠︎✋︎☠︎☝︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎💧︎☜︎ ❄︎☼︎✌︎✋︎❄︎💧︎ 🕆︎☠︎👎︎☜︎☠︎✋︎✌︎👌︎☹︎✡︎ 👍︎☟︎✌︎☹︎☹︎☜︎☠︎☝︎✋︎☠︎☝︎ ✌︎❄︎ ❄︎✋︎💣︎☜︎💧︎📬︎

✨ • ✨ • ✨

Chara knows that this is a stupid move, but he'd sooner get chopped by Alphys's axes rather than have the others suffer the same fate.

The brunette dashed towards the route's exit, leaving a queue of lanterns kindled with crimson flames behind. If luck is on his side, then his siblings would notice the lights and reunite. Then they can leave this area together. If not, then at least the Captain will target him and only him, giving the rest time to escape as well as the directions out of this place.

Soon enough, a certain someone smacked him upside the head. Orbs of red met the aghast gaze of fiery orange.

"The hell do you think you're doing!?" Gerard shouted, grabbing the younger's shoulder before shaking him vehemently. "Are you tryin' to get yourself killed!?"

"If she skewers me, I can always RELOAD. You guys can't." Chara replied. "Besides, this way we can find each other much more easier."

"THAT'S THE POINT! YOU MIGHT GET SKEWERED!" Gerard yelled, raising his hands in exasperation.

In a distance, a brilliant yellow lantern ignited, followed by vibrant green and then frosty cyan. Not a single spark of deep blue or nightshade purple.

Gerard cursed under his breath. He didn't know whether he should get worried about his companions or Alphys. He turned to Chara with an imperative glare. "Rally the others. I'll look for Viorel and Saturn!"

Giving the DETERMINATION boy no room for an argument, he sprinted back into the darkness.

"Gerard!" Chara screamed, ready to run after the orange head when a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"I'll track him down. You go help the girls." Justin said– no, commanded, casting a glare equal to that of Gerard's earlier.

Chara scowled. "But–!"

"No "but's"." Justin terminated his retaliation. "I'll leave a trail for the rest of you to follow later!" With that, he chased down the path the eldest fallen child supposedly went, leaving behind a line of yellow lanterns.