Entry # 29: Bonequarrel

"It's getting very foggy in this area." Saturn remarked, squinting her eyes in hopes of making her vision better. Naturally, it didn't work.

The fallen humans huddled together amidst the freezing haze, the twins even held each other's hands. It was at times like this that Justin doesn't mind people crowding his personal bubble. None of them seemed fond of separation while walking blindly through a really dense fog.

"I think we wandered a bit tad too far." Jaede said nervously. The haze continued to grow thicker and thicker with each step they take.

"We should return." Alice advised. "It's literally zero visibility here."

Whilst the others worry, Chara continued to stroll forward without a problem. Gerard didn't care much either; both of them knew what is going to happen. Saturn knows it too, but she hates it when something blocks or blurs her line of sight. For example, this fog.

"I hope we don't bump into a tree." Viorel signed, which no one noticed due to the misty haze covering their surroundings. They did, however, spotted a stout silhouette ahead of them. As if it's waiting for their arrival.

"Huh? Who's that?" Justin's free hand settled on the handle of his revolver.

The fog thinned ever so slightly, and they recognized the figure in front of them. Blue cape– er, scarf fluttering in the wind, clad in his costume– um, battle body, Sans blocked the route leading to the Waterfall.

"STOP RIGHT THERE! HUMANS! I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS, SHALL NOT LET YOU GO ANY FURTHER!" The skeleton declared. "NOT BEFORE I TELL YOU. . . HUMANS! AS SANSATIONAL AS I AM, HAVE HAD MOMENTS WHERE I THOUGHT THAT NOBODY IS AS MAGNIFICENT AS I AM. BUT YOU, HUMANS! YOU'VE PROVEN ME WRONG!"

Gerard raised a brow. He isn't sure if they should take that as a compliment. "Uuhh, thanks?"

"THEREFORE, BECAUSE WE ARE BOTH SO ALIKE. I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS! SHALL BE YOUR. . ." Sans trailed off, hesitation in his voice. "NO. I CANT BECOME YOUR FRIEND! I AM A SOON TO BE MEMBER OF THE ROYAL GUARD!"

"But I want to be his friend." Jaede sulked. Justin squeezed her shoulder comfortingly.

"AND YOU ARE HUMANS! MY MISSION IS TO CAPTURE YOU! I WAS BLINDED BY YOUR MAGNIFICENCE! YOU'RE 'ALMOST' AS MAGNIFICENT AS I AM! BIT THAT DOESN'T MATTER  BECAUSE I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS. . . SHALL CAPTURE YOU!!" Sans announced.

Their surroundings flickered to pitch black, their multicolored souls glowing in the dark.

"So, what now?" Alice asked, staring at skeleton across them.

Past his rambunctious and rather strange attitude, the children can tell that Sans is a kind-hearted Monster. He deserves to be spared. And if possible, once their battle is over, they might even end up as friends. Chara pressed MERCY without any reluctance. The rest followed the suite.

"SO, YOU WON'T FIGHT?" Sans spoke, mildly surprised of their actions. "THEN, I SHALL SHOW YOU MY SPECIAL ATTACK!!!"

A broad wall of light blue bones protruded from the snowy ground, encasing the seven humans in an inescapable cage. The group moved around frantically, not wanting to receive any damage so early. They definitely did not expect this kind of assault.

"MWEHEHEHEH! KEEP ON MOVING." Sans cackled. The bones retracted underground, to the relief of the kids. Then their souls turned deep blue, similar to Viorel's, and the pull of gravity felt stronger than before.

"YOU'RE BLUE NOW!!! THAT'S MY ATTACK!!! MWEHEHEHEHEH!" Sans said, summoning a queue of vertical bones afterwards.

The children jumped up and down to dodge the attacks. Another line of bones came next, this time of varying speed and height. The group continued to hop in order to avoid the random arrangements of tall, short, fast and slow bones. One of the bullets nicked Viorel's feet while he is jumping, causing his bar to turn purple and lose more HP than usual.