𝘀𝗶𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻 | falling for you

Reader Is: Neutral Age Non-Member
Categories: Fluff
Summary: Siyeon and the reader run into each other, literally, while shopping.

Oh, fuck. The words echoed in your mind, bouncing off of the otherwise empty walls of your brain. They were your favorite sentiments, seeing as they seemed to fit every situation, including the one that you were currently in. I forgot that my card is still frozen.

You glanced down at your arms, which were overflowing with hangers holding countless articles of clothing in a beautiful rainbow of colors. Your favorite clothing store, which was located just a few yards away from the lobby of your apartment building, was holding a sale just in time for fall. In your excitement at the sudden realization, you had forgotten about the annoying hold that your bank had put on your credit card while they checked on a fraud alert.

Yes, it was to protect you, and it was certainly in your best interest, but you had already run into several annoying situations – mid-shopping-trip, suddenly realizing that you didn't have enough cash to cover your purchases.

You sighed in frustration, still glaring at the large stack of fabric bundled into your arms. A dress that you had long been eyeing marked 50% off was on the top of the pile. You had enough cash for that, so you figured you could get it and come back later for the rest.

With one last resigned sigh, you turned on your heel to put the rest of the clothing back on the clearance rack to your left. You had been so concentrated on your unfortunate lack of funds that you didn't see the beautiful, raven-haired girl with gold-rimmed glasses next to you until your shoulders collided with such force that you stumbled backwards and tripped on the metal legs of the rack behind you.

Feeling already disgruntled about your shopping misfortune and now annoyed and embarrassed on top of that, you looked up with a deathly glare at the figure in front of you. "Oh, my God, I'm so sorry! A-Are you okay?"

Your eyes had hit her ripped jeans first and lingered there until she spoke, when your head shot up in surprised recognition. Unfortunately, you hadn't taken into account the fact that you were still entangled with a metal rack filled with sharp edges, which the back of your neck promptly found. Ouch.

"Oh!" The girl dropped to her knees, and when you looked into her eyes with a pained squint to confirm your prior suspicions, you was fully convinced that your day could not get any worse. I just literally ran into Lee Siyeon from Dreamcatcher.

If, perhaps, the reason your celebrity crush was currently talking to you was not because you were basically lying on the floor in pain, you might have considered your day the best one you had ever had. But with all the circumstances at hand, you were damn well convinced that the gods had it out for you, considering that the one person you would never forgive yourself for getting embarrassed in front of was now watching you do just that.

You winced, though you weren't quite sure whether it was from pain or humiliation. "I...um..."

You hadn't really accounted for the fact that you wouldn't be able to speak in Siyeon's presence. Somehow, in all your daydreams about the doe-eyed beauty, the scenario that you were in never seemed to come to fruition.

"Are you alright? I'm really sorry," Siyeon asked again. Her voice was filled less with surprise and more so with a very evident, true concern that made your cheeks flush brightly. You dared not to meet her eyes again, but as you blinked and opened your mouth to respond, you realized that perhaps staring at her chest instead was not much of a better choice.

You let your gaze drop to her lap, realizing in doing so that she had placed her right hand on your right thigh. She had dropped the clothing in her arms as she knelt by your side. It took every bit of strength you had to finally respond, "I'm okay, but I think I'm the one who owes you an apology."