Chris

C H R I S

I was sitting in the waiting room with everybody else. I had my hands on my chin rocking back and forth. They had us in this damn room for two hours and haven't told us shit. I'm getting impatient

"Ok it don't take this fucking long." Rayshaun said almost like he was reading my mind.

"Family of Tara Brown." I heard a doctor say. We all jumped up and headed towards him.

"That's us!" My pops said.

"Ok um did any of you know that Ms.Brown was pregnant?"

"Yea." We all said.

"So I'm guessing you all knew that she has breast cancer."

Its like my whole world stopped and my tongue got stuck in my throat. Cancer? Where the fuck did this come from? She never told us about no cancer.

"Excuse me, sir one more time?" Lauren said.

"She has breast cancer, stage 2."

"God please tell me that this is a joke, are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes and we will have to probably do an operation on her today by her being pregnant and all, it can be very risky for her and the baby."

"I can't deal with this shit here." Rayshaun said throwing his hands up and walking out. I could see the tears in his eyes but he refuses to cry in front of anybody.

"Rayshaun wait!" Tiffany said running after him.

"Ok, ok so how long has she had breast cancer?" My pops asked.

"According to her medical records, she was diagnosed a month and a half ago."

"And she didn't feel the need to tell us?" Rashidah said shaking her head and crying while Eric held her.

"I'm sorry but if anyone wants to see her feel free just 3 at a time. She needs plenty of rest." He said walking away.

"Well who's going first?" I asked.

"Me, Tara, and Blake will go. Stay out here with your sister and try to get Rayshaun back in here, let's go." Pops said as they all walked away.

I sat back down with Paige right next to me. She was giving me the 'I'm sorry' look but I didn't want anybody feeling sorry for me.

"Its going to be ok Chris, she will pull through." Paige said.

"Yea and how would you know?"

"I'm just..."

"Well don't say shit. I don't wanna hear all them lies, shit ain't gone do shit but make it worst. Come on Rashidah!" I said. She came over to me still crying as we left making our way back to the room. I just want to be around family for now. Don't nobody else know what the fuck we going through right now and I don't care who got offended.