Lauren

L A U R E N

Why you gotta lie to me
Just be a man about it
Baby, you don't gotta lie to me, no
Just be a man about it
If you wanna leave go on
Just be a man about it
Come and grab your things and go on
Right now
Just be a man about it

I was standing in the kitchen when all of a sudden I hear my front door slam and in walks Paige.

"Girl, the hell you slamming my door like that for?" I asked finishing up the last pieces if chicken for dinner.

"Sorry mama." She said sitting down.

"What's wrong?" Its rare as hell that Paige gets upset so I know its something.

"Boys.." Ahhh.

"Oooh I see. What's the problem?"

"This boy Chris. We were supposed be talking or whatever and like I just found out he has a... Girlfriend."

"Paige really? You're mad because you found out that the boy had a girlfriend? Luckily it wasn't a baby." I said thinking about the situation with Blake. Dumb ass. A few days later and we still haven't talked. When I got back home that night, he was nowhere to be found. But when I wake up the next morning his ass was in bed. I don't have the patience.

"Ma that's not the point. The point is he lied."

"Did y'all ever discuss about him having a girlfriend?"

"Um no.. But"

"But nothing, then he didn't lie. You should've asked."

"Man, whatever. He should've told me." Nothing else was said because Blake walked in.

"Hey daddy." Paige said hugging him.

"Hey baby, where's Meagan?" He asked looking at me.

"I don't know, ma where Meagan?" I didn't say nothing and simply pointed up.

"Well get her down here there's something I need to talk to y'all about." That's when I stopped and looked at him. Why must he stay and put me through his bullshit?

Paige got up and went upstairs.

"Still not talking to me?" He says sitting down.

"Still busy?"

"Kind of. Look Lauren why you gotta keep acting like this? This shit is days old and yet you still holding a grudge about it."

"I'm not holding a grudge, I'm just putting up my shield around my heart to protect it from getting hurt again by yo black bold head ass."

"That's disrespectful as hell." I just shrugged. "Well look I been thinking and we need space. So I'm going to stay at a friends house for a while." Space?

"So tell me what it really is? Because don't no nigga just come out the blue saying shit like that."

"It's not you it's all me. I'm a fuck up and we both know that."

"Just be a man about the situation and stop trying to sugarcoat the shit." Right when I said that the girls were standing at the kitchen doorway.

"I got another woman pregnant." I don't remember nothing after that because all I seen was red.

*********************

"Fuck you bitch! I'm done with you, don't ever bring yo sorry trifflin bold head ass back around here or you gone regret it! Do you realize I will kill you?" I was pissed! I had a butcher knife in my hand trying to get to him but Paige was hugging me from the waist telling me to calm down, while Meagan was telling him to just leave.

Yea he can leave now, after a black eye and a bleeding mouth. Got me fucked up! Out of everything I done gave this bitch and he does this to me again? Fuck that I'm through!!!

"Ma come on calm down he's not worth it. He's not worth going to jail for." I looked in Paige eyes and realized that she was crying.

I threw the knife on the ground and hugged her. Paige may be rough around the edges but one thing for sure is she hates when me and Blake get into it. For the simple fact she doesn't like the words divorce or separate. And we say them every time we argue.

"I'm sorry." I said still hugging her.

"Dad really? Again? It was bad enough the last time when she broke up with you for what a year, now what you think she's going to do this time? There's no going back, you really fucked up!" Meagan said.

"I know I just need y'all to hear me out. I didn't mean for it to happen, it was just a one time thing." He said trying to sound sad.

"That's all it takes you stupid son of bitch! I'm so tired of you disrespecting my mama like she not shit! She can do so much better than you and she deserves it! Just go no one likes you!" Paige yelled and then going upstairs.

"You should leave because right now I could just scratch the fucking meat of yo head." I said calmly. Meagan looked at me confused.

"Please Lauren can we just..." He was cut short when I picked up the lap and threw it.

"What the fuck did I say?" I said still throwing stuff and eventually he left.

I sat on the couch and before I knew it the waterworks were coming. I don't know what I ever did to deserve this.