Rashidah

R A S H I D A H

"Rashidah why don't you ever go out and party like normal teenagers?" I heard my mama say.

"Tryna say I'm not normal?"

"Yes! You always in the house. You have no friends, the only friend you have is Jessica and I wonder about her sometimes." She said with her eyebrows frowned.

"Wonder what?"

"I don't know. Its something about her."

"Yeah whatever. I'm just not the partying type of girl. I like to just chill and be alone."

"That liking to chill and be alone can turn into you being a single old 52 year old woman with 17 cats yelling get off my dirt because you ain't got no grass." She said laughing.

"Ma that's not funny!"

"If you say so. Your brother just got back and I have to go to work so see you later."

"Bye." I said waving her off and heading upstairs to call Jessica.

"Wassup lil baby." I heard her say into the phone..

"Hey what you doing?"

"Nothing just about to head to the mall for a new swim suit, this boy I met at yo brother party lastnight having a pool party, wanna go?"

"No I don't think so. You know that's not my scene."

"Omg come on Rashidah, all you do is go to school and stay at home like have fun for once."

"No I'm ok I'll talk to you later though."

"Whatever but your going whether you know it or not." She said before hanging up. I don't know why everyone has a problem with my lifestyle of living. They lucky I'm not talking to boys, having sex, drinking, and smoking like most of these 14 year olds.

But I guess it wouldn't hurt to go to a pool party. At least its during the day. When everything isn't all chaotic and out of hand.

I better not regret this because if I do, they will never see me at any other gathering or party none of that, so I better enjoy myself.

***************************

"You having fun?" I heard a deep voice say from behind me. I turned around and it was the most beautiful creation that god has ever made standing before me.

I had been at this party with Jessica for almost 4 hours and of course within 10 minutes of being here I lost her. So I've just been sitting down most of the time.

"Um yeah."

"Sure doesn't look like it." He said taking a sit next to me.

"And why is that?"

"Because every time I've walked past here you've just been sitting here, not saying anything to nobody." How come I haven't noticed you before?

"I came with my bestfriend but I don't know where she is."

"You don't need yo bestfriend to have fun. Do you drink?" I shook my head. "Smoke?" I shook my head again. "You a good girl huh?"

"I guess."

"Well good girl try some of this and tell me how it taste. It's a strawberry daiquiri." He said trying to hand me the cup.

"I don't know what you did to that. Probably trying to drug me up so you can get some. Betta get that shit on." I rolled my eyes and repositioned myself in the stool. I could hear him chuckle.

"If I'm drinking it." He stopped and drunk some. "What would make you think I would drug myself?"

"You probably like it."

"Ok how about I get a fresh one then you try it?"

"Sure." He got another and handed it to me. I was scared because I've heard what alcohol can do. I took a sip and immediately felt the burn. "What the hell? That's shit strong!"

"Its gone seem like that because you never had any before." After a few more sips I was use to it and it was actually good.

"I-i wanna go to the bathroom." I noticed myself slurring.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah I just need t-the b-bathroom." Before I knew it I was lifted into the air and carried to the bathroom. "Thanks." I said sitting on the tub.

"You sure you ok?"

"Fine." I looked at him and he seemed more beautiful than before. "You're really handsome."

He laughed. "Thank you. And you're really beautiful." I felt my face getting hot. Damn its hot.

"Thanks." Even though I was a bit tipsy, I was still shy. I put my head down and started playing with my fingers.

He put his hands over mines and I looked at him and he was looking at me. And we was looking at each other. Before I could see it coming he kissed me! This boy kissed me. I wanted to stop but damn his lips was so big, juicy, and soft.

He stopped and looked at me. "How was your first kiss?"

"How did you know that?" I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Just a guess." He said smiling.

"It was ok."

He looked at me confused. "Just ok?" I nodded. "Well let's see if this one will be just ok." He grabbed my face more aggressively and kissed me like we was making love or something.

I'm gone really need him to stop doing that before I lose control of myself.

And we all don't want that.