Tara

T A R A

"Maaaa!" I heard one of my kids yell. Don't judge me because I don't know who it was.

"What? And stop yelling in my house." When I said that in walked Chris.

"Ma can I see your car?" This boy.

"Boy can you ever sit still? And why you always want to use my car?"

"Ma if you would get me a car then we wouldn't have to go through this now would we?"

"If you would bring up that D in Pre-Calculis we wouldn't have to go through this now would we?" I said mocking his tone.

"I told you I have all that under control. So can I see it or not?"

"Yeah whatever you lucky I'm off work for a week. After I start back you won't be able to see it like that."

"Yeah thanks ma." He kissed my cheek and ran out the door.

I heard my phone ring twice before I picked it up. I looked at the caller ID and sighed.

"Yes Dr.Marshall?" I said.

"Hi Ms.Brown, how are you?"

"I'm fine, how about you?"

"Good as usual. I was calling to tell you that I got your test results back."

"Oh yeah? Well give it to me straight doc."

"You have been diagnosed with the second stages of breast cancer. It is important that you make a doctors appointment as soon as possible."

Oh god. I can't believe this. How am I supposed to tell my family this? They are going to lose it.

"Um right. Ok thanks for telling me, I'll get on that as soon as possible."

"Ok see you soon Ms. brown." And with that I hung up.

I don't know what to do. I can't tell them this. But I know I have to because they'll find out sooner or later.