Domonick

D O M O N I C K

I sat on the edge of the bed contemplating if this was what I really wanted to do. After 20 minutes of thinking, I'm now sure.

"Babe I'll be back later I'm about to take Rashidah somewhere." I said grabbing my phone and walking over to her.

"Ok just be back by dinner." She said kissing my lips.

I went to Rashidah's room and knocked on her door.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"Baby girl I need you to go somewhere with me." She didn't answer until she opened the door. I don't know if its just me or if my daughter is really glowing.

"Where?" She put her hair in a ponytail and put on her shoes

"I'll tell you when we get in the car. Hurry up."

"Daddy don't rush me!" I shook my head and walked off.

When we got to the bottom of the stairs I seen Rayshaun and his ex Tori. I don't even want to know.

"Wassup pops." He said.

"Wassup. How you doing Tori?" I said a little suspicious.

"I'm fine Mr.Webb." she said cheesing hard as hell.

"Alright then. Me and Rashidah heading out we'll be back. Make sure Chris is here to because I have to talk to all of y'all about something." He nodded.

Once me and Rashidah was in the car I knew the questions was coming.

"So where are we going?" She said putting her seatbelt on.

"To look for your mother a ring." She looked at me shocked.

"A ring? Daddy are you feeling ok?" She started feeling my forehead and face.

I chuckled. "Yes. I think its about that time."

"Yessss! I have been waiting for this day since forever. And I'm helping pick out the ring, this is the best day ever!"

"Maybe. But I need you to not say nothing to your mother about this because I want this to be a surprise. I'll discuss everything else later."

"Sure. So what's your budget?"

"My what?" I looked at her crazy.

"Your budget. How much you willing to spend on the love of your life?"

"You are something else but I don't have a budget whatever is the best then that's what I'm getting."

"Awe. Mommy and daddy sitting in the tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g..."

"How old are you again?" I cut her off.

"14." She said smiling.

"Act like it and shut up."

She shrugged still smiling. She continued to mumble the kiddie song all the way to the jewelry shop.

I couldn't help but to smile and shake my head. My child is a weird ass big kid.