Chapter 3

"You are crazy jumping in like that, you know that?" She asked.

          "Well, you looked lonely in here all by yourself. What else was I supposed to do?" He asked.

         "Oh, I don't know. Help me out of the hot tub, comes to mind." She noticed that he had brought in the other wine bottle with him. Not knowing where her glass went, she just drank from the bottle. He watched as a little dripped down her chin.

          "You know what? Wearing slacks into the water wasn't my best idea. I'm going to put some shorts on. I'll be right back." When he got out to change, she laughed at how silly he looked, causing him to stick his tongue out at her.

         "Well, I don't have my bathing suit so I'll just stay in my dress." She said taking another swig from the bottle.

            "Fine with me,"  he said coming out of the bathroom and back into the water. He watched as she found her glass laying on the floor. She stood up on the bench in the hot tub and leaned over to reach for it. Adam couldn't take his eyes off of her. The way the short dress clung to her was almost too much. When she turned back around and he saw how much her breasts stuck out agains the wet material, he went hard as a rock. She sat back down across from him.  "You can come closer, I don't bite."

       "Maybe not, but I do," she said softly. Then face palmed herself. "Please tell me that I just didn't say that out loud." She was mortified. What must he think of her. Apparently she said that out loud, too. 

        "I think that you are a very sexy woman that needs to know what affection feels like. I don't mind if you bite. Just not real hard." He moved to stand in front of her and pulled her up. She was looking at his bare chest and wondered what it would feel like. It rumbled with laughter. "We really need to work on that. Although I don't mind it when you think out loud, especially if it has to do with me. Would it be ok if I kissed you, Cassie?" She looked up at him and smiled shyly and nodded. He tipped her chin up and slowly placed his lips onto hers. He pushed his tongue against her lips, begging for entry. They both moaned as she opened her mouth and met his tongue. She slipped her arms around his neck, enjoying the feel of being against him. He pulled back to look at her. "We don't have to do anything that you aren't ready for. I'm fine with just kissing if that is all you want for now." He helped her out of the hot tub because if they stayed in there any longer, he would have to take those words back. He would never force himself on her but he could be very persuasive. He handed her a towel and was going to have her change but she didn't have any other clothes. They would have to do something about that tomorrow. Maybe Sami had something she could wear. They looked to be about the same size, or she could wear one of his button ups. He offered that to her and she went to get out of her wet dress. He waited in the living room for her. He eyed her appreciatively as she came into the living room. She walked out onto the balcony and threw something. Before he could ask, he noticed that she wasn't wearing her ring. She had thrown it over the rail. Hopefully she wouldn't get into trouble. To hell with that, he wasn't giving her back. Stephen had said as long as he wanted. He would help her stand up to him. She was a completely different person right now. 

       Cassie couldn't believe how understanding Adam was right now. Any other man wouldn't be. Oh she wanted what he had to offer. She would be lying to herself if she said that she didn't. She just didn't know if she was ready. It had been over fifteen years since Stephen had touched her and there was no joy in it for her. He was one of those men that only cared about his own pleasure, not hers. Adam had asked what she was thinking about and she confessed all of it to him. He couldn't believe that she hadn't been touched for that long. He was really starting to hate the man. The way he treated her in public alone made his blood boil. He liked the woman he was getting to know. She didn't deserve that sort of treatment. If the man had his girlfriend here, then he obviously didn't care if Cassie found pleasure with someone. It eased his mind a little knowing that Cassie wanted to end her farce of a marriage. He would find a way to help her somehow. He put on a movie for them to watch when he heard a knock. Afraid that it might be Stephen, he had her go into the other room, jokingly telling her not to fall into the hot tub again. He opened the door slowly to find Sami and Jenika. He let them in and called out to Cassie that it was safe to come out. Jenika raised a brow when she noticed Cassie wearing one of his shirts. She was hoping that he hadn't taken advantage of the situation.