Chapter 23

Cassie and the other women went into town to do some Christmas shopping. Adam knew that he couldn't go with her but said that he would feel better if one of the men tagged a long. Tim had volunteered. He wanted to run into Stephen after he heard about what he had said to Adam and Megan. Oleana helped Cassie find the perfect ring for Adam. It was blue and platinum, with little diamonds on it since that was his birthstone. She wanted to have it engraved with Together Forever, Cassie. She also got him a nice dark blue sweater that would bring out his blue eyes. She bought a bracelet for her daughter. She got some picture frames because she had a picture that she wanted to give him but no one else could see it. The women were having a good time until she ran into Stephen. 

         "Well, it looks like we have the whore brigade in town today." There were gasps among the group. Kelsey hadn't met the man yet but had heard about him. She glanced around and saw Tim and Rob, who decided to come along with Tim, standing nearby, listening unseen.

           "Get out of my way, Stephen. I'm to busy to be dealing with you right now."

         "And who do you think you are calling whores? You don't know anything about us." Jenika piped in.

         "Oh, come on. You are nothing more than groupies. Sleeping with musicians. If you are hanging out with Cassie, you are guilty by association." Stephen smirked, not seeing the other two men behind him.

        "Problem ladies?" He asked as he slipped an arm around Jenika's waist.

       "Just some trash getting in our way, hun." Jenika glared at the man. Stephen started to back away from the man with the very deep bass voice. Tim could be scary when he wanted to.

        "Wait, Stephen. I owe you something for what you said to Megan." Cassie walked right up to him, balled her right hand into a fist and swung, hitting him smack in the nose. It started bleeding and shocked the hell out of everyone. The women started clapping. Stephen pulled back is arm, getting ready to swing back until Tim grabbed his arm, pulling it behind his back and whisper into his ear.

        "I wouldn't, if I were you. I know Adam has warned you and now I'm warning you. Raise your hand to her or Megan again and you will have all of Home Free and our ladies breathing down your neck. Now go back to whatever hole you crawled out of." Tim shoved him, causing him to fall. "Ladies, are you ready for Rob and I to escort you to lunch?" They headed inside to eat.

        "Damn, girl," Kelsey said, "you sure have a mean right hook."

       "That's the first time I have done that and I have to admit that it sure felt good. Especially seeing the look on his face." Cassie sat back and looked at the small group that had become her friends. They ate and did a little more shopping before going home. She had everything gift wrapped because she didn't want Adam sneaking a peek at anything.

        They got back to the hotel and found their guys in the bar shooting pool and playing darts. Cassie set down her packages and went into Adam's arms. He was giving her a kiss when his phone dinged. He opened up his phone and saw a short video that Oleana had sent him of the confrontation. His mouth hung open as she watched her punch Stephen right in the face. 

          "Remind me to never piss you off, sweetheart. But I'm proud of you. You didn't let him get to you." It amazed him that she had punched Stephen in the nose. The look on the man's face was funny. He looked over at the packages that she had. "Now, what is all this?" He asked, picking one up before she snatched it out of his hands.

        "None of your business. You have to wait until Christmas." She laughed when he pouted and gave her the puppy dog eyes. "That isn't going to work right now. If it will make you feel better, we can head to my office and I can do something for you," she whispered in his ear. She saw the look that came into his eyes and smiled. He grabbed her hand and led her to her office, locking her door. He also remembered that the security cameras would be rolling. That thought turned him on. She pushed him into the chair as she got onto her knees and undid his zipper. He watched as she took him into her mouth.