Chapter 42

The following Saturday Cassie was running around trying to take care of any last minute details for Megan's wedding. Everything was going smooth so far. She went to Megan's room to check on her.

            "Megan, I am so proud of you. Today is your day. Enjoy it."

              "Mom, what if I can't be a good wife? What if I can't make him happy?"

            "You will be a great wife. You take after your mom. Just remember, if he hurts you in any way, it won't be just me that will go after him. Adam and Tim will make sure that he treats you right."

           "I know, momma." Megan hugged her mom. "I can't believe how much every thing has changed since Home Free first started staying here. I will have a new father. One that actually wants me. You have a man who loves you for the person you are. I have an annoying uncle that I like e anyways."

           "I know. Adam is the greatest, isn't he? I can't remember the last time I was this happy. Now, are you ready for Adam to escort you down the aisle?"

          "I'm ready. Open the door." Cassie opened the door. Adam looked very handsome in a dark suit, waiting to escort the ladies to the back yard for the wedding.

          "Megan, you look stunning. So much like your mother." 

         "Thanks, Adam. That means a lot coming from you. Let's get downstairs. Hopefully Cody hasn't gotten scared off." The three of them took the elevator downstairs and walked to the door that led to the yard. Tim was there waiting for them. He winked at Megan.

           "Remember, darlin'. If he doesn't treat you right, Adam and I will have a man to man talk with him. Nobody hurts our ladies." Tim smiled when Megan hugged him.

           "Thank, Tim. I couldn't ask for better uncles. Mom, I will see you out there." Megan watched as Tim escorted Cassie to her seat. A few seconds later the wedding march had started. She held on to Adam's arm tightly.

          "Relax, Megan. Everything is going to be ok. Cody is a good man. You now have an extended family with some crazy uncles. Your mom and I are very proud of you."

          "Thanks, Adam. Thank you for keeping your promise to me. I'm sorry that mom wants to wait until tomorrow to marry you."

        "It's ok, sweetie. She wanted today to be just your day. I have no problem waiting until tomorrow. Just knowing that she will be with me forever is enough for me. Shall we get going?" Adam and Megan walked down the aisle towards Cody and the minister. After handing her over to Cody, Adam sat down next to Cassie. They watched the ceremony, lost in their own thoughts. They both realized just how lucky they were. Adam was feeling very glad that his band had come to California. Cassie was wondering how she got so lucky to have such a magical winter that led to her being engaged to the hottest beatboxer of an a cappella band. The future looked bright for the couple. Adam  had gained an amazing daughter and an amazing woman to stand by his side. Cassie had gained a wonderful man who loved her just the way she was. Faults and all. They were looking forward to a future that held nothing but the promise of love and happiness.