Chapter 39

Adam and the guys head over to the golf course. They end up renting 2 golf carts. Tim notices that Adam can't seem to get his head in the game.

          "You ok, buddy?" Tim asks him.

          "I don't know, Tim. I just have this weird feeling right now." He looks over at the parking lot but doesn't see anything amiss. 

          "Cassie will be ok, Adam. Nate and Luke are there as well as some of the crew. Luke will call of there are any problems." Austin said.

          Adam sighed. "You're right." He picked up a club. "So, who is going first?"

        "I'll go," Austin says. He puts the ball on the tee and swings. He misses.

         "You are supposed to hit the golf ball, Austin. Not the air," Tim laughs. Austin swings again and hots the ball into a sand trap. "Nice shot." Tim goes next and hits the ball close to the hole.

         "Show off," Austin mumbles as he walks over to the sand trap. Austin finally gets out of the sand trap after a couple of tries. The next few holes go the same way.

****************************************************************************************

           As the women get ready for their hike, Luke notices something strange. The night before, an old gray van had pulled into the parking lot and parked some distance away from the busses. The strange part was that no one ever got out. Whoever was in the van was still sitting there. Normally when people travel, they at least get out to use a restroom or to stretch their legs. Luke never saw one person leave the van. He had the weird feeling that they were being watched. He walked around to the side of the bus so that he couldn't really be seen by whoever was in the van. He sent off a text telling Adam of the feeling he had. After a few minutes, he saw three men get out of the van. He recognized them from the hotel in Vegas. He sent another text to Adam. This one was also sent to Tim. Luke walked back around to where the girls were joking around with Nate.

          "Cassie, I think that you and the other women should get back on the bus. Quickly." Luke says. 

          "What's going on, Luke?" Jenika asked. Sami hits her arm when she sees what Luke had seen. The four women get on the bus quickly and lock the door. Luke, Nate, and Abe sit down in front of the door. Luke hears some of the windows slide open. He just shakes his head. Women. Even if there was a possibly dangerous situation, they were still nosy. He watches as Stephen slowly approaches the area, still trying not to be obvious about it.

           "Can I help you gentlemen?" Luke asks.

           "You can tell that bitch that I want to talk to her," Stephen said.

          "There aren't any bitches here. Who would you be talking about?" Nate asked.

          "Cassie. I know that she is with you guys. Tell her to get her ass out here."

          "She isn't here. The women went for a hike. They went that direction. If you want to talk to her, you will have to go find her." Luke points to some trails that lead away from the other end of the buses.

           "You really expect me to believe that? I just saw her out here a few minutes ago." Stephen was starting to get angry. "Drake, open up the door and get her."

         Nate gets up and blocks the door. "They are hiking. Get away from here before we call the police."

*************************************************************************