Chapter 35

The next day Stephen and his two cohorts arrived in Vegas. They were driving around, trying to find the MGM Grand. 

       "Look, over there. I think that is the place." Drake points out the resort/casino. Stephen pulls into one of the parking lots. He sees the tour buses parked way near the back.

       "Ok. Next we need to see if any rooms are available. We need to be very careful. I don't want to get recognized." Stephen tells them. He has no way of knowing that the crew was pictures so that they would know if he showed up at all. The three of them had tried to disguise themselves in case they ran into anybody that had seen the news in California. Stephen even went as far as shaving his head so that he would be harder to recognize. They had finally procured rooms and went to the elevators. When they were a few feet away, the elevator doors opened up. There was the entire Home Free entourage. Adam was holding Cassie's hand and joking around with Tim as they went to eat lunch before getting started with rehearsal. Adam had wanted Cassie to be there. Stephen stared at her with hatred in his eyes. Josh looked at her with lust. She was wearing jeans and a nice light blue blouse that showed off her figure. They were about to follow when Cassie stopped all of a sudden and looked around while frowning. Stephen quickly hid behind a pillar somthat he wouldn't be seen. After a couple of minutes, the group continued on their way to go eat.

         Adam was a little confused by the way Cassie had stopped and frowned. "Cassie, love, what's wrong?"

        "I'm not sure. It felt like someone was watching me for a second. I looked around but didn't see anything. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Sorry." She smiled up at him but still couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

        "We will eat quickly and then get to rehearsals. You can sit with the girls while we are busy. Nobody else is allowed in there." Adam didn't want to alarm her but he had felt the hair on the back of his neck stand out when she had felt someone watching her. He had felt it too. He just chalked it up to some fans who were there. It would happen a lot. Still, he wasn't taking any chances. 

       Cassie sat down at a table with Kelsey and Sami, watching the guys rehearse. 

        "I still can't believe that I'm here, watching this. If you had told me last year that I would be engaged to Adam and watching them rehearse, I would've said that you were crazy. I am so thankful that all of you had come to stay at the hotel for the winter."

        "We are very happy that we stayed there," Sami told her. "We had all been worried about Adam after his divorce. I think that he was instantly drawn to you when he met you."

         "I still wish that it had been under better circumstances. Who would've thought that being offered to him would lead to all this?" She looked over at the stage and caught Adam's eye. She grinned goofily when he smiled at her.

         "Girl, you both have got it so bad," Kelsey laughed. "You are both like a couple of teenagers."

         "He makes me feel like a school girl sometimes. He is a wonderful man." 

         "What are you ladies talking about, ladies?" Adam asked as he walked over to them.

         "You," Sami told him. "You guys sounded great during the rehearsal. Do you have to do some interviews next?"

         "Yeah. That's what I came over to tell you. We have a couple of interviews to do. They shouldn't take that long. You don't have to wait around if you don't want to." He looked at them, thinking. "Maybe one of the crew should walk with you, Cassie. Just to be safe. It would make me feel better."