Chapter 37

Adam shut and locked the door behind him after they entered their hotel room. He looked at Cassie with worry in his eyes. She hadn't said a word since they had talked with the hotel security. 

           "Cassie, I..." He started to say before she put up a hand to stop him.

         "Adam, let me go first, please. I'm sorry that I ran out like that. I was just so pissed that he threatened me. I was serious about not living in fear, though. I want to enjoy myself while I am on the road with you." She knelt down by her suitcase and was looking for what clothes she wanted to wear tomorrow so that she could repack everything else. When she stood back up, Adam put his arms around her as he stood behind her.

          "I know that Cassie. I'm just afraid of losing you now that I have you. The bastard already stabbed you." He sighed as he held her like that. "I love you, Cassie." He kissed her neck as they stood there.

        "I love you, too, Adam." She closed her eyes as he started nibbling on her neck. Then she smiled. "So, do you really like this outfit I wore tonight?" She smiled inwardly as he let out a low growl.

         "Do you even need to ask? Let me show you how much I like you in leather." He walked her into the bathroom. "I want you to see this." He kept her facing the mirror as he pulled her top over her head. He removed the bra next. He had her stand there while he undressed himself. "I love the way you look in these boots and the mini skirt. The boots put you at just the right height." He put his hands under the skirt and pulled down her panties. He moved his hands back up her legs and under her skirt. He had her step back a little and told her to lean down over the counter. "This mini skirt makes it easy for me to do this." He slid his hand in between her legs while they looked at each other in the mirror. "I want you to watch while I take you like this." He lifted her skirt and entered her swiftly. He watched her eyes grow darker with desire. 

          Cassie couldn't tear her eyes from Adam's in the mirror. Her legs almost buckled when he entered her. This man always managed to drive her wild with desire every time. She could see the love and desire in his eyes. She watched as he moved faster and harder. She could feel the tension building up inside her before it exploded along with him. Adam finished undressing her before carrying her to the bed.

          "I love you, Cassie. I won't let him take you from me." He pulled her to him and held her protectively.

        "I love you, Adam. I won't let him take me from you." She moved herself closer to him before falling asleep. The would be leaving for a Texas in the morning.

**********************************************************************************

         Stephen was very pissed off that his plans for Vegas had been ruined. Josh had been the one who wrote the stupid note, alerting Cassie and Adam to their presence. Josh needed to start thinking with his head, not his penis. They had to sneak into their room to get their stuff before the police were called. Now they had to lay low. He knew that the band was heading to Texas next. They would follow the tour buses. Right now they were hiding out in the van that Drake had rented. He might as well get some sleep if they were going to be driving to Texas. He rubbed his jaw. Cassie had a wicked right hook. Who would've thought? She never fought back before. Hmm. Why was she now showing some spunk? Was it because of Adam? He never should have offered Cassie to him. Those two had ruined his life.

  ************************************************************************************

        The next morning everyone said goodbye to Kelsey and Lydia at the airport. After seeing her off, everyone boarded the buses and took off for a Texas. Chance had put on a pot of coffee since everyone was still a little tired. Cassie had gone to the back to call Megan. She was smiling when she finished her call.