22

"You can leave your shoes by the rack. It's fine." I told Darius as he entered the house.

Opposite from what I expected, it didn't take much for him to persuade me on the idea living together. I agreed with his suggestion under one condition. That we will have a contract which has rules and regulations appointed by me. And he should willingly obey those.

"Which room will I stay at?" Darius asked while pulling his suitcase.

"The room by the kitchen. It's the guest room. Let me lead you there." I told him and politely accommodated him until he was finally settled.

"Are you sure about this? I think it is better if we stayed at my house." Darius commented as I get the papers ready.

"I told you already, I can't live there. Neo will be here often than you expected. I can't just leave this house." I told him because there is no way that I will leave this house.

Besides, I don't feel comfortable leaving the house alone. I feel like it is something I must take care of. I have already mentioned how significant this house is in my life. There is nothing that will make me leave this house.

"What will happen when your friend comes over?" Darius asked and he sat on the couch facing me.

"It's fine. You probably have a daily job, right? I'm sure you won't be in the house too often." I pointed out.

From all the luxurious items I have seen from him, he must be some important person in this society. And earning that much money isn't easy. He is probably as busy as ever.

But do vampires work too? How can they work? Do they introduce themselves as vampires or as humans?

"I don't have a job, Miss Aronson." he said and I lifted my head to look at him.

He doesn't have a job? Then how come he is so rich? Where does he get his money from?

"Then what do you do everyday?" I asked curiously. He can't be just loitering around, will he?

"Live, Miss Aronson. I live everyday." he retorted with such serious face.

"That's it? That's what you do everyday? Don't you maybe work for some company or something?" I pointed out.

There is no way that he is unemployed. With that mansion and his luxury car? No way in hell.

"I have investments, Miss Aronson. I can live off from that." he said and I nodded.

"Investments. Great choice." I commented before signing on the paper.

"I'd like to add something on the contract, Miss Aronson. Would that be possible?" he inquired.

"If it is acceptable. Please do inform me of that addition to the contract." I told him.

He can add something to the contract. If and only if, I approve of it. He should make sure that it is a decent request or I'll kick him out of this house in a heartbeat.

"I'd like to be in charge of the bills." he stated and I looked at him with a deadpan look

"The bills?" I repeated the word and Darius smiled charmingly while nodding.

"The bills, Miss Aronson. Like the electricity bills, the water bills, and all." Darius specified and my mouth wanted to hang open.

"Are you sure about that? My bill is much more expensive than you expected. I'm quite the spender." I warned him but deep inside, I was rejoicing.

What's more great than having someone to pay for the bills? Nothing can ever beat that. I'm like in cloud nine right now. Oh my goodness. I don't have to worry about making ends meet. Someone will pay for them now!

"I'm sure, Miss Aronson. And if you accept, I'll take care of the groceries too and other things you need to pay for." he stated and I couldn't be more happier.

"Okay, I'll add that to the contract. I will need to edit this again in order to add those things you mentioned. Will it be okay if we sign it tomorrow?"

"More than fine, Miss Aronson." he said and I smiled before putting the papers away.

I just stayed seated at the couch, facing Darius. What is there for me to do? I have already done cleaning the house. There is nothing much for me to take care of. Me and Darius just sat there silently, no one wanting to break the silence.

"You said you had a question back there at the park, Miss Aronson. What was the question about?" Darius broke the silence and I was thankful for that.

"Oh that. Thank you for reminding. I actually have a lot of things I wanted to know." I told Darius.

"I'll entertain those questions, Miss Aronson. Fire away." he confidently said and waited for me to ask.

"How can you walk under the sun? Shouldn't you be hurt from sunlight?" I asked while I reach for the pack of chips under the center table.

"Oh that. It's because I'm a hybrid. Hybrids usually can walk under the sun." he replied and I nodded with his answer.

"Is Darla your only family? Or do you have some other relatives?" I asked because I wanted to know more about them.

"My parents died when I was still young. Darla and I grew up with our grandparents and they are still somewhere living their lives. I can introduce you to them if you'd like to." he offered but I quickly declined.

"No need for that. What else can you do? I mean what powers do you also possess?" I asked because I'm now interested to vampires.

"I can fly, read minds, do telekinesis, can heal myself, and many other Miss Aronson." he replied and I was in awe.

He has so many powers! If I was just born as a vampire, it would have been the best thing ever. Imagine flying and healing yourself? Gosh, that sounds super incredible.

"That's super awesome, Darius! I wish I could be a vampire." I told him and giggled with the thought.

"Aren't you scared of me, Miss Aronson? Most humans are scared of us." it was his turn to ask me a question.

That made me quiet and I sank lower to the couch. Am I scared of vampires? Honestly, yes. But seeing Darius and spending time with him made me realize that he wasn't that bad.

"Will you suck my blood out of me?" I asked carefully without looking at Darius.

"No, Miss Aronson. I won't." he reiterated and I smiled at him.

"Then that is an enough answer for me, Darius. I'll hold on to that answer." I told him and we both ended up chuckling from my silly antics.

I put another chip on my mouth and silently ate it. Darius must be annoyed now if I ask another question. I'd rather lessen the interrogation. I don't want him to be annoyed or be upset with me bombarding him with questions.

"I'm sorry for asking a lot of questions, Darius. I'm just curious." I told him.

Some people had expressed their annoyance towards my curious mind. They said that me asking too much question is annoying some times. I just don't want Darius to feel annoyed. I'm just genuinely curious.

"It's fine, Miss Aronson. You, asking questions about me is actually a good thing." he informed and my brows shot up in confusion.

"Why is it a good thing? Shouldn't it be annoying for you?" I asked because that is how a lot of people feels towards my questions.

"No, Miss Aronson. It's rather a great thing for me. Because I know that you are finally open to the fact that creatures like me exists. And that you are ready to know more about me." 

I was speechless with his answer. He is the first person to have told me that my questions were a great thing. That it was something he feels great about. I stared at him and smiled. He's a first in everything in my life.

"Don't be afraid to ask me questions, Miss Aronson. I would be more than glad to answer them with my all."