33

Warning: Strong words

Darla's Point of View:

"Fuck it Caleb! I don't want to play anymore." I cussed so hard that I felt so overwhelmed.

"Words, Darla." Caleb replied and stood up.

He stretched his hand out to me and I immediately accepted his help. We were just going to practice martial arts but it ended up becoming a match.

"I told you that Caleb wasn't a good choice." Elvyra said while she was busy painting her nails again.

"At least I tried." I clap backed and she just rolled her eyes at me.

"Not bad, Darla. You still got it in you. But it was lower than my expectations." Giovanni commented but it was none of my concern.

The last remark that I would like to hear would be from him. He doesn't even know martial arts. Just a bystander who always like to stomp on every losing game I have.

"Shut up, Gio. At least tell me that when you finally beat Elvyra." I spouted out of annoyance.

Elvyra doesn't take matches seriously. She cares a lot more on her looks than her winning rate. She also gives us a go sign to judge her. Can't help it especially when she gave us consent.

"That won't hurt my pride, Darla. Any painful joints?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Caleb was a little nice. He avoided any parts that would cause pain." I said and opened the water bottle Elvyra handed me.

She was just there busy doing her nails. It'll just be broken from fights if ever.

"I haven't seen Darius in the mansion. Did he have some feud with your grandparents again?" Caleb asked and I shook my head.

"Their relationship with each other is in the best condition. He's just... somewhere." I replied and removed the gloves on my hand.

"Sydney?" Caleb dropped the name and I looked at him.

I didn't bother to question where or when he found out her name. He may have overheard me talking on the phone and mentioning Sydney's name. I mention her more than I notice nowadays.

"He's with her. Probably wasting his non-existent romantic bone." I slandered.

"Is he seeing her? Like romantically?" Gio butt in and I sighed to myself.

"The last time I checked it was Darius who was interested. And I feel like a storm is brewing between them."

"Is she not... you know?" Elvyra joined and I sat next to her.

"She's not like us, of course. That's why I'm afraid for Darius." I honestly confessed.

The last time Darius got acquainted with... humans, it didn't really went well. That was the time he was on his lowest. The lowest he'll ever be. And witnessing him being fond with yet again a human... scares me the most.

It was a memory we all can never forget no matter how painful it is.

"A human?" Elvyra asked with surprise evident on her tone.

"I thought, no humans anymore?" Gio pointed out.

"That wasn't really agreeable. Even I am fond of her. She's a great girl." I smiled upon thinking of Sydney.

I'm just a friend of her but she's making me smile. She's a really great human being. No wonder Darius is whipped for her. The guy is smitten and I won't be able to stop those feelings.

It's natural, even for us.

"Then she would have been amazing. Seeing that she made you soft, tells it all."

"Is it evident?" I asked and Caleb smiled.

"It was ages ago when I last saw you and Darius this bright. You kind of look so happy right now."

"But it still scares me. Cause what if it happens again?" I voice out and Gio looked at me with pity.

"It was so hard for you when that happened. And to think that, that was just paternal love. I know where you are coming from." Gio emphatically stated.

"And I'm afraid it's a different love this time." I added and we all came into silence.

"Is there any way for you to detach Darius from her? And are you willing to do it?"

"There is a way, but I don't have the heart to do it." I told them.

We spent the rest of the hours talking about Sydney. How I met her. How Darius met her. Our meet ups and hanging out sessions.

After having that conversation, it made me realize that Sydney is now a special person in my life. She's not just an extra anymore. She's in our lives now.

"I'll be going home and check Darius's mansion." I told them before going out of the building.

I left the training quarters and drove my car. I wanted to go to my house but Darius wasn't around to check on his own mansion. He decided to live with Sydney. As his very nice sister, I'll go out of my way to check his mansion. 

"Why is it so dark? Doesn't he know any colors aside from black?" I talked to myself as I pull up on his front yard.

I entered his house and went to the room meant for me. I put my bag in there and changed my clothes. The faint warmth of Darius's mansion came to me and I felt the tiredness from the martial arts fight with Caleb.

"He's really awfully strong and skilled." I mumbled to myself as I stride downstairs towards the kitchen.

I opened the refrigerator and got water from inside. After getting a sip of water from the kitchen, I walked my way into the living room. Just to turn some movie on and space out for a bit. The training was slowly reaching my weak points.

It's been forever since the last time I did spar with anyone. And on top of that, I sparred with Caleb. He's the best among all the troops. He's just, so into martial arts. Any combat battle thrown at him would never stand a chance.

Boy spent his whole life buffing up. It doesn't show physically, but it is in him.

As a movie played on the television in the living room, I heard a car parking into the front yard. Mt brows creased in confusion. Is Darius here?

I stood up and opened the door for him. Darius went out if his car, shoulders slumped into an awfully sad angle. Why does he looked so down?

"What the fuck? What happened to you?" I asked as he lifelessly walked his way to the door.

I stepped aside to give him some room to enter the mansion. He didn't even bat an eye at me. Holy shit. Did he...?

"She kicked you out of her house didn't she?" I asked to verify my suspicion.

I know I told Sydney to finally clear things up with Darius by asking. I didn't expect that she'd really kick him out. I thought she would understand.

Expectations really fuck me every time.

"I really don't want to talk. Can we please not talk about this?" Darius stated and I looked at him.

It's not my fault.

The pain would eventually come to them even if I didn't urge Sydney to ask Darius. It was long overdue. That conversation should have happened a long time ago.

"Should I bring you something?" I asked out of consideration.

"No. I just want to rest, Darla. Can I please do that?" he couldn't even make eye contact.

"Sure, go on. Go get some rest." I permitted and Darius heaved a sigh.

"Thank you so much." I mumbled before going to his room.

My eyes followed him before I busied myself. I have enough problems to myself. They can handle their problems themselves.