i. uchiha | the girl he protected

I hope you enjoy! If you do please comment and vote! Also please share so this one shot book can get more recognition!

i. uchiha | the girl he protected

The countertop was smooth as I drummed my fingers alongside the grey slate. I wasn't the best cook, that was putting it lightly, so the things I could make without causing any damage were slim. This morning I didn't feel like trying anything too difficult so instead I decided to make one of the easiest dishes I could muster.

I walked over to the eggs and drew two from the carton. Just as I went to shut the door of the fridge, I paused debating on whether or not I should fix anything for him. The man that was bound to show up at my home any moment now.

Deciding not to overthink, I went ahead and grabbed two more eggs from the carton. I made my way around the small space grabbing the other things I would need to prepare the dish. Just as the pan was heating up on the stove, I heard him walk through the door.

"Shoes off." I told him, even though I knew the young man already knew. I didn't know much about him, at least I thought I didn't, but I did know that he was polite and respectful. Though, with that he was also mysterious and closed off.

I knew he was dangerous, he himself had told me that much, but I never knew to what extent. Apart of me didn't want to. Because if I didn't know, nothing would change between us.

And If I found out, I knew he would disappear.

"You're cooking?" His soft voice calls out, I glance at his figure edging towards me. The black cloak with red clouds was still wrapped around his body, this was his silent way of telling me he couldn't stay for long. If he was able to spend the day with me, he would've taken it off so be could be more comfortable.

I wondered why he wouldn't be able to stay today.

I pouted, subconsciously. "You're busy today." The words slipped past my lips, an underlying tone of disappointment present. Although I never turned my face directly towards him, I directed my glaze back to the task before me. I swiftly cracked two eggs into the pan, trying my best to hide my emotions.

I only saw him once a week, maybe twice a week if he had the time to stay the night with me. But even when he would stay the night, he would be gone early the next morning. If I was being completely honest, I hated that he wouldn't come by more often.

If I knew where to find him, I would visit him.

But maybe that's the reason he never told me that information. Maybe he didn't want me to.

Maybe the feelings I had weren't ones he shared.

But if they weren't then why did he always come back? Why does he hold me and kiss me like he's sacred to let me go?

The sound of his voice cut off my thoughts.

"I have a mission. My partner is waiting outside for me." I felt his presence behind me. His hands gently pushed my hair off to the side as his body pressed against mine. I felt his hot breath on my neck, the feeling caused goosebumps to cascade down my body. "Here let me," He reached out taking the tool out of my hand and finished cooking my breakfast for me.

"Thank you, Itachi." I turned slightly, letting my eyes finally take in his features. His dark raven hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, except for the strands he left out to frame his face. His face was fixated in its usual unreadable permanent scowl. But his eyes were a completely different story.

Above his deep eye bags were the one thing Itachi couldn't hide from me. The one part of him that gave away all his emotions, whether he was upset, angry, or conflicted. He was almost never happy but sometimes I would get the pleasure of seeing the rare emotion flicker in his eyes whenever we were alone. But today, I noticed how especially different his eyes were.