22. Paranoid Without You

Adley's POV
We still have no update on Caspian's trial. I haven't slept at all and it's been a day already. I'm training by myself right now to distract my mind by hearing the sharp sound of the blade. As I practice I see uncle Magnus coming up to me but I just continue practicing.

"Ad's, we'll get him out ok." Uncle Magnus tells me but I ignore him and continue training. "Do you want to get some food?" He asks me

"Uncle Magnus, I appreciate it and all but this is my way of distracting myself and so far it's working. Can I just please be alone?" I ask him and he sighs.

"It's understandable, I'll let you think alone." Uncle Magnus ends the conversation and leaves. I just need to figure out a way to get Caspian out of there. Being distracted won't help with figuring out what to do.

Magnus' POV
As I get back home I can't stop worrying about Adley. Alexander surprises me by kissing me on the lips and I kiss him back. When we stop he looks at me worried.

"What's wrong?" Alexander asks me

"It's Adley, she's using training as a distraction." I tell him

"It's better than getting herself into trouble though right?" He points out

"You are very wise Alexander." I compliment him and he smiles. He pulls me in and wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I learned it from a wise person who just so happens to be my handsom husband." Alexander flirts with me and I smile and we kiss slowly and it just feels so right.

Another Malec scene, I just adore them too much. ❤️