9. Faked Out

Adley's POV
Mom, dad, me, aunt Isabelle and uncle Alec are all at the building where they took hostage of Josh. It's very dark, musty and dusty. The walls seem like they're crumbling but they're not. The floor is marble floor but black. There is no sunlight showing in because duh, vampires. All I see is dark. There is also fire torches that are metal hanging on the wall that are lit so it's hot in here. Which doesn't help when you're wearing black jeans, black ankle boots heels, black shirt and a grey leather jacket. I have my seraph blade with me this time and hold it tight against me. We than hear screeching and screaming from the basement and we all look at each other.

"That's Josh" I say when I realize and we all quickly run down and while running down vampires come at us and we slash them one by one. The sound of the blade is loud and sharp against our ears but we're used to it. As it's more clear for us we continue running to where Josh is and we finally get to him. He's still tied up and it looks like they've bitten and cut him way more since they called us. Josh is completely knocked out. "Let him go" I demand and Galdur laughs.

"You know you two are really cute. Sometimes Josh wakes up and the first thing he mentions is you. He mainly says Adley is my best friend and she is strong enough, to kill us. Than we knock him out and slice him more. His blood is delicious" Galdur jokes with us "Oh and it might already be too late."

"What do you mean? What did you do?" I ask him and I think I already know what he did but I don't want it to be true.

"He'll be transitioning soon, into one of us. Isn't that just great for him! Throw a party for him why don't you and you better invite me." I push Galdur against the wall and grab him and knock him out. I quickly get to Josh and quickly untie him and he starts to come too.

"Adley?" Josh says with a tired voice and it's not very clear.

"I'm here Josh, it's me. We'll get you out of here safely, ok. Don't worry" I tell him and when I get him out, uncle Alec offers to grab him and I give him Josh and he puts him over his shoulder.

"Come on buddy" Uncle Alec says while getting him over his shoulder. We quickly run out of here and knock out vampires one by one.

When we finally get to the institute we put Josh in uncle Magnus' healing room and explain what happened and uncle Magnus starts doing his magic right away.

"Are you ok Adley?" Uncle Magnus asks me, everyone left to give me space so it's just me, Josh and uncle Magnus.

"I'm just scared for him. Is he going to be ok?" I ask him while shaking my knee as I'm sitting. Uncle Magnus sighs and looks down which never sounds good.

"It was too late when you guys got there. He'll turn officially when he drinks blood. If he doesn't get buried, he'll die." He tells me and I sit down in shock and breathless.

"No no no, I did this! I didn't look out for him and I didn't watch him carefully. I brought him into my life when I knew the consequences. This is all my fault." I say to myself mainly and a tear starts to tear up because I might lose my best friend. Uncle Magnus quickly comes up to me and hugs me tight and I hug him back.

"Hey this is not you're fault. If anything you're going to be helping him get through this. You're not losing him Adley, not ever ok." He tells me and puts his hand on my cheek and wipes my tears. "He's going to be ok. Look how Simon turned out as a vampire." Uncle Magnus helps me and it really helped me relax.

What do I do? I don't want to lose my best friend. I also don't want him to not grow up and be stuck in this age. I need help

What will she'll do? Let him die or help him while being a vampire? I know this is just like the episode where Simon became one so this credit to the Shadowhunters creators. ❤️