5. He's Just Scared

Adley's POV
We get to the Institute and when we walk in Caspian's eyes go big. I think someone likes this place. He's also really cute and my age. Adley! What are you thinking right now, just focus on helping him ok.

"Pretty cool place right?" I ask him "Ah yeah, you train here?" He asks me shocked

"Not just train, I grew up here. Would you like a tour?" I ask him "Yeah, ok" Caspian says and I walk around with him.

Jace's POV
Why does my daughter have to have some part of her mother's side. Why can't she just have all of my side and have left the kid. I'm supposed to be the only guy in her life. Besides he's on the enemies side.

"Jace come on, it's been a while since Adley has met someone her age. Give the guy a break. Besides it looks like he's been through a lot. Just be nice to him ok." Clary says to me

"Been through a lot my ass. He's an enemy" I say trying not to yell it and pointing at him. Isabelle walks over to us and I just ignore her.

"Hey, who's that guy with Adley? They look cute together" Isabelle asks

"They are not and he shouldn't be here. We can't trust him. He helped Octavius" I remind them

"Come one Jace, he's just a kid." Isabelle get's in this

"Jace, you can tell the kid didn't want to do it. He was terrified as hell. Plus I think he brings a new side to our daughter. A really good new side. We'll watch over him just A LITTLE bit though, just to be safe but I think otherwise he's just a kid that needed help out of there. Please be nice to him Jace." Clary begs me and I just roll my eyes and watch over the two. I'm not letting him hurt my daughter. I need to watch over him.

Adley's POV
"This place is really cool. I cannot believe you get to train here." Caspian says to me excitedly.

"I know right, I love it here. It's my home" I try and think of what to say and Caspian looks at me shy.

"Thank you for helping me out of there. Why did you?" Caspian asks me

"Well, I saw your face and I'm that kind of person that can tell when someone is lying or not and I can tell that you hated that place. You wanted nothing more than to get out of there. I could feel that all over you when we were there. Plus I just strongly felt like you needed to be saved." I explain to him

"Thank you, umm, I'm kind of exhausted. Where can I sleep?" Caspian asks me and I show him to the rooms. I give him an empty one and I show him where the extra clothes are.

When I walk out of his room I see dad at the corner outside the door.

"Seriously dad, he needed to get out of that place." I tell him

"I don't like this, this is a bad idea. Adley, he tried to kill you." Dad says angrily, I've never seen him so angry before.

"Dad please he's right in there. Just trust me on this one, please." I beg him and dad just looks at me pissed and walks away saying nothing. I feel pain in my chest when he did that because I've never seen this side of him. I don't like it one bit. I take a breath and go to my room.

"What is his problem? I'm only trying to help him." I ask myself and I just decide to go to sleep but I can't because I get the same nightmare again. I decide I'm not sleeping so I just train and I can't focus because I'm also thinking of Caspian and I'm kind of blushing while thinking about him. Focus Adley! I continue but barely focus. What is this? I'm so confused right now.

Someone's growing feelings for Caspian. Also will Jace ever forgive Adley for helping Caspian? Or will their close relationship be destroyed because of it? ❤️ Go and follow NIALLFAN345