31. You're Lying To Me

Caspian's POV
I rush Adley to the Institute as fast as I possibly can and she is out cold. I have no idea what kind of demon it was because it happened so fast. I was also mainly focused on trying to save Adley.

When I reach the Institute I just kick the door open hard enough that it hurt my foot but I don't care.

"We need help!" I shout and Jace, Clary, Isabelle, Alec and Magnus come running over.

"Adley!" Jace and Clary scream and Jace takes her from me and sets her on one of the couches. "What happened?" Jace asks me

"A demon scratched her, it was gold and black and huge." I quickly explain

"Sounds like an ichor demon. Adley come on, she's barely breathing." Jace tells us and Magnus looks for medicine.

"Here's an elixir that should work." Magnus gives him it and I look up at Clary and she is shaking and white faced. She bends down to her daughter and rubs Adley's head and plays with her hair.

"Please work" Jace begs and gives Adley the elixir. Izzy and Alec just stare at Adley in fear. I just don't know what to do because I'm so scared.

"Why hasn't it worked yet!" Clary says loudly, almost in a scream. "It takes a while, just wait." Magnus answers her and I just walk back and forth.

Adley finally wakes up with a big breath and sound of pain. Just as I'm about to run up to her everyone else beats me to get to her.

"Honey, are you ok?" Clary asks her as she holds her hand.

"I'm just dizzy but I'm ok." Adley tells us but I feel like she's lying. "Are you sure?" I ask her and she looks up at me.

"I'm fine" Adley says in a odd way. No she is not fine, I know her. Jace and Clary just hold her tight and everyone joins in. When they finally let go of her I'm able to hug onto her tight.

"Adley, I'm not gonna lie to you but that was terrifying for me. Are you sure you're ok?" I ask again

"I'm fine Caspian, I'm fine." She looked at me with the first fine but the second fine she looked at her hands. She's lying to me and herself. I just let it go for now because she's alive. I hold Adley tight and she hugs me tighter and I take a deep breath of relief but not really. As I'm touching her back, her breath gets strange, I can't explain it. Something's wrong with my girlfriend. Why can't she tell me? Why won't she tell me?

Is Adley being honest or is Caspian just being paranoid because he loves her? ❤️