33. Get Me Out of The Darkness

Clary's POV
We're currently having a family meeting at Alec and Magnus' about Adley and I just can't think straight. I'm just too worried about my daughter.

"Adley's never acted this way before. Since the day she was born she has been kind and generous with everyone. She has never yelled." Alec points out and as I'm just sitting on the couch I can't help but have my knees shaking. Jace notices and he's sitting beside me so he puts his hand on my knee and rubs it.

"Wait when did this all start?" Magnus asks us

"After the demon attacked her." Caspian informs him and we all look at each other in realization.

"She's being possessed right now, the demon got to her." Magnus explains and Jace and I look at each other worried and he holds my hand tight. The door opens and Brea, Abner and Scarlett all come running in here.

"Where's Adley?" Scarlett asks us and we look down. "She's getting some rest" I tell her and Jace and I just look at each other. He motions for us to talk in private and we quietly walk out of the room. Jace closes the door and looks at me.

"Why won't Ad's tell us what's going on with her? She's always been good at telling us everything." Jace wonders and I sigh.

"I don't know, maybe she's just stressed out or overtired? I mean our daughter works non stop as a shadowhunter Jace." I suggest to him and he shakes his head in disagreement.

"No, Magnus is right, she could very well be possessed right now." Jace agrees with Magnus

Just as he says that Adley comes to our direction and looks at us like she wants to talk to us but than walks away. Jace and I run after her. We can't use our weapons yet on the demon because we don't know for sure if one is in there.

"Adley wait! Is everything ok honey? You just seem really angry lately." I ask her

"How many times do I have to tell you people to leave me alone. Just go away" Adley shockingly says and I'm not sure but when I looked in her eyes they were glowing of gold. Jace tries to get to her but I stop him by grabbing his arm.

"Jace, a demon is in her. I saw it in her eyes, they were gold like the one she killed." I mention to him "Or thought she killed" Jace says and we just look at each other and just stay frozen. How do we get this demon out of her?

Well now they know the reason of Adley acting up. Will they be able to get the demon out or is it too late? ❤️