chapter 15

The wedding day is the most important and beautiful day for most of the women. They feel energized, excited for new beginnings. It's not a submission, it's an agreement between two people that they both will live together as partners and will help each other in each thick and thin. They will love each other till eternity, and will look after their family together. They will try to make each other happy, and care for each other. They will protect each other from any harm and will form mutual understanding in every decision of life.
But for Ayeleen it was a submission without her consent. She was giving up herself, to let him assault her in every way he wants. He snatched her rights to protest or speak for herself. Despite being educated and knowing her rights, she could not stand up for herself. His threat was dominating on her and she could not take a risk.
Until now she was sure of thing, he always do what he speaks. More over she had no backbone, who could support her. She was alone, and even her family was not yet ready to listen a word against him.
She was more than surprised at her mother's reaction, that despite making such a emotional speech in front of her, she had no affect from it. She was most disappointed in her family.

*

She sat in the car, with a expressionless face, holding her dress and phone. Amar drove the car and dropped her outside the parlour.

"Call me when you're done, I'll come to pick you up" he said while she opened the car door.

Without any reply she went inside.
Amar knew that she was not happy with the marriage, but he considered that she wanted to marry someone else that's why she's upset. But he believed Umer to be a very decent man with a professional personality. He believed that he will make her happy and she will live a great life with him. She needs time and gradually she will understand that they made a better decision for her. Only if he knew what she was suffering....

*

She was standing in front of the mirror, in a fully lighted, bright room. Lights focused on her, showing her expensive dress of millions, each corner speaking money itself. Her diamond necklace, earrings and that engagement ring in her hand was the only jewelry she wore. Her makeup was minimal as possible, enhancing her natural features more.
From head to toe, she was covered in their money. Right now, she felt like show piece, which they hired for life and made her dressed in their expensive things and wealth.
The only thing missing on her face was happiness, her face was not glowing cheerfully.
No matter how delicate, elegant and attractive she looked. There was not a glint of happiness or excitement which made her look like a forced bride. But unexpectedly her makeup was hiding her sorrows. Her eyes were hollow but the smokey makeup was making it attractive.
Hopefully she was not wearing a red lipstick, which gave her a bit comfort. After all she didn't wanted to be a perfect bride for him.

She received a missed call from Amar.  She took her belongings, put them in bag and went out if the salon.
It was already 1:30 pm. She took a lot of time in salon.
She sat in the car as he opened the car door himself watching her long dress.

She kept thinking, what was the use of this dress when she have to go to Dubai this evening after changing it. They spent millions for just some hours.
Without her knowledge her parents already gave her passport to Umer, long ago for the visa. And she was unaware of it. He had everything arranged so that he don't have to face any inconvenience in taking her to Dubai as soon as he wanted.

"I must say for the first time in my life, I've seen you look this much pretty" Amar said as he stopped the car in front of the house.

She remained silent, she didn't wanted to speak right now. The lava inside her was boiling and she wanted to cool it down or she will burst at anyone in front of her. And she didn't wanted to take the risk.

*

She was waiting in her room, while Umer arrived with his family. It was a simple family function along with gathering of some close relatives.
She was surprised, her house was decorated with flowers in such a short notice.
With every passing minute, her heart beat was dropping. She continuously prayed under her breath, that somehow this marriage gets cancelled. And she don't have to marry that brutal, inhumane man. She tried to control her tears, or her ruined makeup might give her more trouble.
But when she heard that his family already arrived. Her heart skipped a beat with fear. She was so scared of her marriage that she wished, that she should had attempted suicide that day. After all, she didn't had to face this day.

The door opened and her mother came in. She was so upset that she didn't even wanted to lift her head. Her mother gazed at her for two good minutes and then lifted her face to look closely.

"I hope my daughter will never disappoint me. He is going to be your husband now, accept him wholeheartedly, life will become easy for you" she put the last piece of advice in her already stressed brain.

Then she kissed her forehead and took her drawing room where everyone one was waiting for the bride, so that they can start the Nikah. She was so immersed in her sorrow, that she didn't knew what was happening around her. How her family dressed and how they were dancing cheerfully, she had no idea. She didn't wanted to look at Umer, neither hus family. Only thing she wanted was the ground to split open and take her inside. And no one ever get to know what happened to her.

While Umer on the other side, kept looking at her depressed state and couldn't help feeling more powerful. He was used to it. He always liked people around him like this. His dominant personality always put people in their worst state and always shook them to the core. Just like Ayeleen. He knew he had more influence and potent on people than this. He was capable of more than this. People were afraid of him and he liked it. After all he had everything, power, wealth, control. Everything was just a order away from his reach.

Their Nikah started as the priest asked her.

"Do you accept Umer as your lawful husband?" He asked.

Cold sweats started to seep from her forehead and she couldn't help shivering.
Her mother shook her arm lightly when she didn't replied after a minute. Everyone's eyes were focused on her. And it looked like that everyone's hopes were dependent on her.
With a broken voice, she replied,

"I accept"

And everyone cheered. The priest asked her further three times and then they forwarded her the marriage papers to sign.
With trembling hands, tears soaked her artificial lashes and rolling down her cheeks, she signed the most difficult signature of her life. She herself signed the fate of her life. And gave him full access over her existence.
The priest then asked the same questions to Umer and accepted her instantly as his wife. Then he signed the papers and everyone started cheered again.
Their families exchanged sweets as a good gesture and even made them eat too. She took a bite with sour mouth as the taste of tears was more appealing to her tongue than the sweet taste of dessert.
The only person who was not enjoying either of it of was Ayleen and to her, it seemed like a celebration of death while she's breathing.
And the only person who knew the reason of her agony and was solely responsible for it was Umer.
They both were now sitting together on the same couch.
In some hours, she will be in his home, his bed, encaged beneath him. And no one will save her. She felt like a puppet, who cannot speak or fight for her rights. It was a forced marriage but from her view only.
Their families hugged each other and intermingled like one.
She hated every single minute of it. She wanted to run away and leave everything behind but it was too late. She already submitted herself, her body, her life to the man beside her. And now she cannot do anything without his permission, without his notice.

The function ended in an hour, and it was the time for her departure. She don't know how many pictures were taken by the photographer, in which he told her to smile or lift her head. It all went in a blur. And now it was the time to step into lion's den, as he will lead the way to his prey himself.
She don't know if her parents felt emotional or cried. She felt numb to everything. Without giving any last hug to her family she sat in the car. She gave them a last glance through the window, her eyes filled with miseries, pain visible in them but not a tear escaped.
Her mother and father, watched everything in her eyes but didn't spoke a word.....