Chapter 36

Amelia POV

“Amelia darling!" Henry's mom said on the other side on the phone. My eyes fixed on Henry who was standing infront of me,  my heart pounding hard like it's going to escape from my chest.  Henry's looking at me and my reaction.

“Amelia! Henry told me all about you sweetie. May I call you Mia?"

What???Henry told his mom about me. What did he told her?  I never had the opportunity to meet my ex's family. What do I say to her?  Oh my god!  What will I say to her?  Help! 

Finally I gulped.

“Ye...Yes... Mrs. Windsor." I stuttered.

“Oh darling, Mrs. Windsor was my mother in law.  Called me Izzy." She said on the phone.

“Izzy!" I looked at Henry, who smile now. 

Cheeky bugger.

“Henry told me at about you and we all love to meet you."

We? What's she mean, we?

"Oh...ok. I would love it too." I answered.

"Jolly good! And We're inviting you for family dinner tonight. Will you joine us early at tea time this evening? So, we could chat and get to know you better. I'm so excited to meet you. Finally, Henry found someone precious!" She goes on and on. She sounded very nice.

I looked at Henry, he lookes very amuse with a smirk. I squint my eyes at him, which made him sniggered.

What are you up to?

"Um...Yes. I'll love to joine you."

"Ohhh...I'm delighted to hear that. Can't wait to meet you Mia. Goodbye now. "

“G-Goodbye, Mrs.Wi- I mean Izzy." My heart is pounding so hard  when I hang up the phone. I hand it back to Henry,  who can't loosen his smirk.

“What did you tell them about me?" I asked feeling panicked.

“That I'm in love with you." He answered straight and calmly.

“Why don't you get ready. I will leave you alone." Henry said and turning to leave. 

“Wait." I called out before he leave. He turned to face me. 

“Why do you have the clothes that are my size and the product that I use?" I asked.

“I have a hope that you might give me a second chance." He answered, he looked sad. 

He waited for my answer but I didn't answer.

“Do you like the dresser and the chandelier?" He asked making conversation.

“I installed it yesterday. Mrs.Belikov though the closet needed a feminine touch. I hope you'll like it." He continued. “My house keeper." I looked confused so he explained.

“It's beautiful." I answered.

“How do you know my size for everything and the products I used. " I asked him curious.
“It was the night that we... "

“Oh!" I cut him off because I don't want to remember that night.

It was awkwarded the tension between us.  Well, the tension in me anyway. I was keeping a distance between us.  I need some space.

“Um... I'll leave you to get ready." He said.

“Where are you getting ready?" I asked him before he left the room.