Chapter 40

Henry POV

I saw her push the button and I saw her said something to Standford before she got out of the elevator, leaving that Fucker on the floor. Standford was still on the floor holding his bloody nose, he's seem like he was in a lot of pain.

I have to say that was a really great show to watch. I'm so proud of my girl for hitting him on the face. And the same time I'm pissed at Standford for harassing her in the elevator. I need to rewind the security tape and watch it. I got out of my office and went to the elevator only to saw Mia came up to the floor from the emergency stairs. She looked out of breath. I think she climbed running on the stairs. And she was holding the hand that she punched Standford with her other hand.

I walked toward her “Are you OK? Why did you take the stairs?" I asked like I don't know anything.

“Um... Nothing. Just burning calories from what I ate last night." She lied,  still holding her. Her face seem like she's in pain. 

“I know Mia.  I was watching from the security camera." I said no longer hiding that I knew. 

“Oh," She said and walked pass by me.

I followed her “What did he said to you Mia?" I asked her gently.

“Nothing!" She said not facing me. 

“Can we start our day?" She asked her face emotionless.

Before I open my mouth to say something but the phone ring. 

“Excuse me,  I have to get this." She said and answered the phone.

I frowned. Is she avoiding me? 

I went into my office, Mia passed the business call to me.  Just like that 3 hours pass by and Mia still avoid me and hide her hand behind her.  She didn't even look me in the eyes. 

Knock knock knock!!!

“Come in!" I said. Mia opened the door “I'm getting something from the kitchen, do you need something? Coffee or tea?"

It's not usual for her to going to the office kitchen in a time like this.  And I never ask her to get coffee or tea since she started working here. 

I saw a glimpse of her hand, it was swelling abit.

“No,  thank you." I answered.

“OK." She closed the door and left. One minutes later I followed her, only to see Mia holding a pack of ice on her injured hand. Her face is in pain. She jumped when she saw me barge in. 

“Mia,  your hand is swelling!" I took her hand gently. She winced in pain.

“What did Standford said to make you punch him?"

“Nothing!" She answered without looking at me. 

“Mia,  you have to tell me or I will watch the footage in the camera and when I found out what he said to you and I promise I will do more damage then punching his face." I said her with a straight tone. 

Her eyes flew on me, startled.

“Don't do anything to him. I punched him and that is enough. I will tell you but you have to promise me that you won't do anything. Promise!" She asked, her big beautiful brown eyes staring at me, pleading.

I sigh. How can I say No to that face? 

“Yes. I promise." I gently brush my fingers on her cheek but she moved away.

Why is she still doing that?  Avoiding me! 

===================================