Chapter 44

Henry POV

Why Adrian isn't texting me yet? I hope he's not telling Mia about my embarrassing childhood stories. God, I hope he's not telling her about mum dressed me up like a girl.

I was about to text him my phone ping with text message from Adrian.

*She's a keeper. I like her a lot. We had a great time. I can see why you are so head over heels for her. *

*Thanks. Did you tell any embarrassing story about me?* I texted back.

*I might have mentioned one or two.*

Oh god!!!

*What? Did you tell her about mum dressing me up like a girl?*

*Yep*

*Bloody hell Adrian. Why did you do that? Now it's going to be the bedtime story for our kids. This is so not cool bro.*

*Woah! Your kids. You're going to ask her to marry you? You guys are just starting to date. Save the question for later. Get to know her more. You need to work things out first with her first. What you did was a bad move after all! I know you left in the middle of the night for me but you should've let her know.*

*Yes, I know. I wasn't going to ask her yet too. I need to work things out. I don't want to lose her. I nearly lost her and I don't want that happen ever again. You've seen me in the worst shape because of that. I don't want to go through that again either.* I answered.

*Well, Good luck Henry! Btw, I left some good words for you too. So, the rest should be easy for you. After all I'm the awesome brother. And the most handsome one in the brothers department too. *

*Thanks bro. Yep, I'm going to need all the luck I can get. Lol and I don't know about the most handsome one in the brothers department.*

*Well, thanks brother. I'm gonna call or text her. Goodnight Adrian. P.S you are right about being the awesome brother.* I texted him.

* G'night bro* Adrian texted back.

================================
Dedicated to Christopher

Henry POV

I paced around for ten minutes before calling Mia.

She answered on the 5th rings.

"Hello"

I heard that sweet voice I've been since longed to hear since I left her flat.

"Mia!"

"Hi, Henry!"

"Hi! How are you?" I asked.

"I'm ok. Thank you. Just running a bath. How are you?" She asked me back.

"I'm ok. Just missing you a lot." I answered. I'm sure I can hear her smile a little bit.

"Adrian told me he came to see you. Did he give you any trouble?"

"No, not at all. He's a real gentleman. He told me about your childhood stories. We had champagne together. He brought his PA. Sydney. She's very sweet. She's the one who explained what Adrian said."

"Ah! He also told me that. I'm sorry you had to hear that
Mum wanted a girl. So... Yeah. I was the victim. And yes, Sydney is very sweet girl. She don't have a family. Her parents died when she was 6. She's like a family to us. Mum loves her alot and she got along with Holly too. She's like my another little sister."

"Oh god! That's so sad. She's lucky to have you as a brother too. Do you think Adrian would mind if I hang out with Sydney too? "

"No, not at all. Umm... But can I ask you a favor too?" I asked embarrassed.

"Yes, what is it?"

"When you hang out with Sydney, will you take Holly will you too. Like a shopping or brunch or a movie or saloon. She's complaining about mum cramping her style. Whatever that's means? She said mum won't stop yammering on about stuff when they go shopping. She said it's embarrassing. I know how's mum is like. So, can you?"

"Of course, I'll be happy to take her. It should be fun." Mia sounds excited.

"Thank you Mia or she won't stop nagging me. You've seen Holly and you know what she's like."

Mia giggles and "I know..."

God, I love that sound. I rest my head back on the couch and bathe in the sound of her giggle.

"God...Mia, I've been longing to hear that sound of your laugh." I said closing my eyes.

Nothing cames out.

"Mia?" I called her name thinking she hang up.

"Yes? "

Phewww!!!

"Oh, I thought you hanged up."

"No, I'm here." she said with the most sweetest way.

"Mia, I'm sorry about the night I left. I'm..." I continue.

Mia cut me off by saying "I forgive you."

"Really?" I was surprised to hear that. I guess Adrian's magic works after all.
"Yes! I forgive you. Adrian explained too."

Thank you Adrian....I screamed loud in my head with joy.

"Thank you Mia. It's means a lot."

"It's ok. I shouldn't have jump to conclusions and over reacted. I'm sorry about that too."

"No, Mia. You have nothing to apologize. It was my fault. I should've let you know instead of leaving like that in the middle of the night."

"I forgive you Henry. Don't worry about that anymore."

Wow! Just like that.

"Mia!"

"Yes?"

"I love you." I said it again.

"I know Henry!" She didn't say she loves me back.

"I got to go Henry. The bath is running." She said.

"OK Love. Goodnight. Sweet dreams."

"Goodnight Henry. Sweet dreams. Bye." She hanged up.

I hold the phone close to my chest and think Why she's not saying she loves me back? Does she not love me at all or she's scared?

I had another restless night again on that night too. When will I hear her saying she loves me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I hope you will like this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. I would love to know what you think.

Love ya ❤❤❤

Follow ❤❤❤