Chapter 5

Amelia POV

When the taxi pull outside the FOX building I look up from the taxi window and look down my watch. It's 8:40am.

' Phew ' I made it. I payed the taxi driver and said " Thank you!"

I pull the huge glass door and went to the reception. Saw a girl with red hair, talking over a headset, I went over.

"Hi, My name's Amelia Goldsmith. I have an interview for new PA at 9:00."

The girl, " Miss Goldsmith!" and she looked on her computer and said " Yes!" " Please take an elevator on the right and it's twenty first floor."

" Thank you." and smile at her.

" No problem and Good luck." She reply nicely with a smile.

" Thanks" I said and smile back her and walked to the elevator.

' Mmmm...she's seem nice.' The elevator shaft open, it was empty. I went in and push the number 21. It took me straight to the 21 floor.

The shaft open ' Oh my lord, it's huge.' The floor was very big and all white marble. There was a girl sitting on cream color couch near the PA's desk. I went over and ask her,

" Are you here for the interview?" She said " Yes!" That was all she said.

I sat down on the couch opposite her. I never cross my legs when I sit down. My dad told me " A lady should never cross her legs, when she sit down."

The girl sitting opposite me was sitting down crossing legs showing off her long beautiful legs in her short nude color skirt and same colour top. But she was showing way too much cleavage, wearing a bright red lipstick. And her Prada shoes and bag.

She turned her head and " Are you here for the interview too?"

" Yes." I replied. But she eye me head to toe and let out a snort " Good luck with that." She said with a smirk on her face.

' What is her problem?'

A door opend and a woman came out of the room with a frown on her face, walked pass right us. Behind her a woman looks like in her 50's comes out and asked the mean girl to comes in.

The girl went in to the room with the older woman. I was sitting alone in that hug room. The office door is huge. All wood, all teak wood.

A sat there silently praying ' Please God, I know I had never pray to you but now hear me and please give me a job.'

After five minutes later, the mean girl came out of the room and cursing " That old cow. Who does she think she is?" And hurried pass me.

My whole body went cold after witnessing that scene. Oh god, who ever interviewing for PA is really peeling their the skin of those girls. I start to feel like, I'm not dress for the job and I'm don't have what it's take to be working as a PA here. There goes my self-esteem. May be I better leave and got up from the couch.

The older woman came out and " Miss Goldsmith, come on in!"

'Oh my god, I'm dead.' I walked to her and she step aside for me to go in and she close the door behind her after she came in.

The room was huge and clean. All expansive furnitures. But no one in there beside us.

" I'm Mrs. Emma Croft. I'm Mr. Windsor's old PA. Mr. Windsor's not in yet. So, I'll be interviewing you." And she handed me her hand. I took her hand and shake it very firmly.

" Nice to meet you."

" Please sit down." Mrs. Croft pointed me to sit down on the white expansive looking couch. I sat down. Hmmm...she seems nice.Why would those girls looked really piss off. But then again ' Don't judge a book by it's cover."

" Do you have your CV form?" She asked.

"Yes." I took out my form out of my bag while she wait for me patiently. She did my interview asked me questions. While she's interviewing me, a man walked in the room without knocking.

" Mr. Standford, what can I do for you?" Mrs. Croft asked him. He looked about in his early 30's. Dark hair, brown eyes, about 5 foot 10 and lean. But not too lean.

" Is Henry not in yet?" The man asked Mrs.Croft.

" Not yet. May I take a message?"

" No, that's ok. I just came to see him, his brother told me he went out on a date last night." " I came to ask how it went?"

He turned to me and " And who might this be?" " David Standford" he hold out his hand.

" Nice to meet you." I shaked his hand firmly and putting on my serious face.

" Oh I'm sorry this is " Amelia Goldsmith." I'm interviewing her for new PA's position." " Because I'll be leaving tomorrow." Mrs.Croft explained.

" Well Amelia, if Mrs.Croft doesn't give you her job, you can come work for me anytime." He winced.

I didn't say anything back. I swear I noticed Mrs. Croft looked amuse from the corner of my eye.

Standford guy turn and " Yes, I heard. Henry said you'll be travelling. And I'm sorry again for your husband passing."

" Thank you Mr. Standford! And yes, I am."

"Well then I'll leave you to it." " Amelia, it's very nice to meet you. Remember what I had told you."

" Good day Mr.Standford." I said with my back off wanker face.

He left the room. Mrs.Croft turn to me and " Can you start today?"

I was stunned for a second and " I got the job?"

She smile and " Yes! Don't you want it?"

" No..I mean " Yes" I want the job. Thank you very much!" " Yes, I can start today."

"Lovely." Mrs.Croft smile, lead me to the PS's desk. She showed my how Mr.Windsor's schedule works and what his like and disslike. People he'll meet and do not meet.

She told me where the copy machine and kitchen is. And she left 20 floor to get some documents.

I quickly called my dad and told him I got the job. He said " Congrats and very proud of me." I told him I was in the office, will call him after office's hours and hung up after saying goodbye. I called Susan, She scream with excitment, I had to pull away my phone away from my ear. My ear's ringing. I quickly talk to her and hand up before Mrs. Croft's back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote and comment!!!