𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦

December 5th

"You what now?"

"I said I already know."

Mingi glanced at Yunho, the two's eyes widening in knowing and shock.

"The doctor told me when I woke up."

"I'm sorry, Joong. He wouldn't listen to us-"

"Wait a minute. Wait a damn minute. You guys let him go back home?" 

Yeosang scratches his head and clicks his tongue. "Were we not supposed to do that?"

"Seonghwa told us that he'd call you when you woke up so maybe you can just wait. Yunho made breakfast so you should get your ass in the kitchen and eat something. Just a little bit."

Hongjoong had no time to debate because he was pulled away to the kitchen by all the members. His heart swelled in admiration for his friends. 

A few hours passed. Hongjoong was being treated like royalty. The members would check up on him every once in a while to make sure he ate a small snack. Making sure he actually ate it. One member, Yeosang in particular, was always more harsh on his leader than the others. 

"Shouldn't you be nice to me right now?"

"No. I'm pissed."

"Yeosang, I'm sorry-"

Hongjoong figured he'd said something wrong when he saw tears falling from Yeosang's eyes. He noticed how his breaths became shallow and he thought Yeosang was on the verge of having a panic attack. So, he brought Yeosang into a hug.

"What if we lost you? You wouldn't be able to...to comfort us! What about Atiny? W-what about Seonghwa!"

"You all would never lose me. Understand?" Hongjoong kept his composure while knowing how much he wanted to be comforted as well. Right now, he thought, wasn't about him. It was about all the people around him who would be affected by his actions.

I guess Seonghwa and I are both selfish sometimes.

"Will you call Seonghwa? He must be worried sick about you."

"I'll call him."

Soon enough, Hongjoong would come to realize that it would be a lot harder to contact Seonghwa than he thought.

---

Freshman year

Seonghwa was in a big dilemma. It was only the first day of school and he was already rushing to his first class. It wasn't his fault the school was unnecessarily large for the place he lived in. It took him a few minutes but soon he made it to his first class which was math. 

"Park Seonghwa. You can sit next to Hongjoong. Hongjoong please raise your hand."

Seonghwa's eyes scanned the entire room until they fell upon a red-haired boy. He walked quickly to his desk, a smile appearing on his lips. Hongjoong didn't look at Seonghwa once during the entire class, not because he didn't want to, but because Seonghwa was just too pretty.