Friend

"Got it. Thanks."

Jungkook walked back into his bedroom where he had left you to get comfortable while he called the police. You looked up at him as he approached you.

He looked tired. Not just physically from the jet lag, but also mentally. You could see the exhaustion of having to deal with this written all over his face.

"Listen, I'm sorry I've caused all of this. If it weren't for me, she wouldn't be going to such great lengths to make our lives hell." You said quietly.

"You're...sorry? Y/n, what are you talking about, baby?" He answered, coming to sit next to you on the bed. He ran one hand softly against your cheek, cradling your face in the palm of his hand.

"If anyone should be sorry, it's me. I knew she was a liability and I didn't do anything about it. I still brought you around her without even thinking. I should have fired her when I broke it off. Now I've put someone I truly care about in danger."

You felt your eyes welling up with tears. You tried desperately to fight it but it was no use. You were exhausted and scared.

Jungkook pulled you into him, letting you quietly cry into his chest as he rested his chin on top of your head.

"What did the police say?" You said between sniffles once you had finally calmed down.

Jungkook hesitated.

"Well they said you definitely couldn't stay at your apartment right now."

You looked up at him through wet eyelashes. You knew that already.

"And?"

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. His tell-tale sign that he didn't want to tell you the next part.

"Jungkook, just tell me." You said, placing a hand on his thigh.

He paused before taking a deep breath.

"They said it's not a good idea for you to stay with me either. Giving the fact that this revolves quite a bit around me, it's dangerous for you to be here too."

Your eyes widened slowly. "So where am I supposed to go? I don't have any family or friends here!"

Jungkook chuckled quietly. He kissed the top of your head, letting his lips linger for a moment.

"You do have one friend. One that we kind of have in...common?"

You furrowed your brow, confused as to who on earth he could be talking about. You had just moved here not even a month ago. You left your family in Seoul and hadn't had time to even think about making friends.

Jungkook could sense the confusion you were feeling. He placed his hand on top of yours on his thigh.

Your eyes suddenly went wide with realization. You knew exactly who he was referring to. And there was no way in hell he was okay with it.

"You can't possibly be referring to Taehyung!"

He nodded solemnly.

"And you're...okay with that?" You asked in disbelief.

"Fuck no, I'm not okay with that. But I'm also not okay with you being in danger. So I'll just have to deal with it if it's okay with him."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Jungkook seriously wanted you to ask Taehyung to stay with him.

Taehyung.

The man you fucked.

With Jungkook in the room.

"I don't know if I'm okay with it, if I'm being honest." You answered, standing to walk to the bathroom.

"Well I don't want you to be uncomfortable. That would defeat the whole purpose of this. Keeping you safe and comfortable is my goal and top priority right now." He called after you.

You looked at yourself in the mirror. You looked like you were going to be sick. As long as you were being honest, you were anxious out of your mind. Knowing that Alyssa had been in your home, invading your private space and destroying your things made your skin crawl.

"I'll ask him." You said quietly as you walked back into the room with Jungkook.

"Are you sure? We can figure something else out if you're not comfortable." He answered, standing to take your hand in his.

"I'm sure. I don't want to make things any more difficult than they already are." You leaned upwards to place a kiss on his cheek softly before going to get in his bed. It had been a long two days and all you wanted to do was sleep.

Jungkook changed into a pair of sweatpants and threw on a t-shirt before climbing under the covers with you. He reached over to turn off the lamp, leaving the two of you in complete darkness.

"Y/n, can I be honest with you?"

You felt your stomach flutter slightly. He raised his arm as he pulled your body closer to his, letting you snuggle against his torso. You closed your eyes, feeling your nerves calm slightly before answering him.

"Please."

He took a deep breath.

"I'm really fucking scared."

Your eyes shot open, seeing nothing but concrete darkness. You felt your heart break.

"She won't do anything to you, Kook. She's too obsessed with the idea that you should be with her." You said calmly.

"It's not that thought that scares me."

You frowned, although he couldn't see you.

"Then what is it?"

"I'm scared that she's gonna get to you. I'm scared she's gonna get past me and the police and whoever else and hurt you. I can't lose you, y/n."

You smiled softly.

"I'm a big girl, Kookie. I can take a bitch down if I have to."

Jungkook giggled at this.

"Kookie? That's new."

You felt yourself blush. You'd only called him that in your head. You didn't mean to actually say it out loud.

"Yeah, well, I didn't mean for you to hear it. It's my nickname for you that you were never supposed to know about."

"I like it though. I think it's my favorite." He hugged you even closer, kissing the top of your head as you nuzzled your face into his neck.

"I'll keep that in mind." You whispered. You could feel yourself getting drowsy.

"Y/n?"

"Hmm." You hummed quietly, right on the brink of sleep.

"Call your friend first thing tomorrow, okay?"

You nodded slowly, before drifting off to sleep. You hoped and prayed that Taehyung would have an open mind.