Out

Two weeks.

Two. Long. Boring. Dreadful. Weeks.

That's how long it had been since your panic attack.

That's how long you had spent cooped up in Tae's house with absolutely nothing to do.

And no one to do.

Jungkook had stayed with you that night, but felt it was too risky if he stayed longer. So you hadn't seen him since. You felt like you were right on the verge of going insane.

"Baby, can I please come back to work?" You pleaded with him over the phone.

"No, y/n. I've already told you, it's too risky right now."

You threw your head back, feeling beyond frustrated.

"But I'm going crazy in here! Please, I promise to be extra careful and super aware of my surroundings. I'll even let you know when I go to the bathroom if it would make you more comfortable."

Jungkook hesitated on the other end.

"I don't know. I just don't want this to be what she's waiting for. For you to finally come out of hiding where she can get to you. I mean, not even the police can find her and the only reason she hasn't tried to get to you again at Taehyung's house is because of the policemen that have been rotating through there for two weeks."

You let out a deep sigh. You knew he was only looking out for you. He loved you. He wanted you to be safe. But you had to get back into some sort of normalcy.

"I'll be a lot safer around you 24/7 than I will being away from you. I mean, Tae has become one of my closest friends but he's not you. I miss you."

Jungkook chuckled softly. You smiled, imagining his bunny grin that you loved so much.

"I can't argue with that. Okay, fine. But you're to work with me in my office at all times. I don't want you to be out of my sight if I can help it."

You fought the urge to jump up and down as a widespread smile formed on your face.

"I can work with that. What will people think, though?" You said, realizing how odd it would be that you'd be working in his office nonstop all of a sudden.

"I'll announce a big project today that you'll be helping me with. It'll work as a cover and we'll figure something out along the way." He said confidently.

You couldn't contain your excitement anymore, letting out a squeal of happiness.

"Thank you so much, Kookie. Can I come back tomorrow?"

"Sure. I'll pick you up tonight and bring you home." He said, sounding a bit excited himself.

Home. You would finally get to go back home and sleep next to the man you had fallen so madly in love with over the past couple of months.

About 4 and a half hours later, you were back at Jungkook's house, getting ready for bed while he showered. You made sure to thank Taehyung before you left and told him you would be sure to keep in touch much more often.

You climbed into bed, excited as you thought about being able to return to work tomorrow as you heard the shower turn off.

Jungkook opened the bathroom door a few minutes later wearing nothing but a pair of baggy sweat pants as he dried his hair with a towel.

He grinned seeing you wrapped up in his bed again after missing you for so many nights. He tossed his towel in the bin and climbed into bed with you, turning the lamp off as he did.

"Finally." He breathed, wrapping you in his arms. You smiled, huddling closer into his bare chest.

"Who were those two men sitting in that car outside your house?" You asked as your curiosity got the best of you.

Jungkook chuckled.

"Just a couple of guys that I hired to keep an eye on things. Extra security."

The two of you laid quietly, listening to each other's breathing, thankful to be wrapped in each other's arms tonight after what seemed like forever.

"Baby."

You jumped slightly at the sound of his deep voice vibrating through his chest.

"Yeah?"

Jungkook was quiet for a minute. You could tell he was trying to find his words.

"Do you want out?"

You furrowed your brow, confused at what he meant.

"Out of what? Bed? God, no." You said with a giggle.

He took a deep breath and kissed the top of your head. Your stomach flipped as your smile quickly faded. He always made you incredibly nervous when he did that.

"No. This relationship. I'd understand if you did." He said solemnly.

Your face twisted into pure confusion. You sat straight up in the bed and turned on the lamp that was on your side of the bed. You turned to look at Jungkook who was still laying down.

"What the hell are you talking about, Jeon?" You said, almost angry.

He sat up in the bed slowly, pulling your body to sit facing him.

"I know this isn't what you signed up for. You're literally being hunted down by a psychotic woman just because she's jealous. It's not worth it. I'm not worth it."

You watched tears well up in his eyes as he looked down at his lap, a few tears falling onto the covers. You reached over and tilted his head up to look at you once again.

"If you weren't worth it, I wouldn't be here right now." You said, softening your voice.

Jungkook sniffled quietly, his bottom lip quivering as he looked at you. You felt your heart shatter at the thought of him feeling this way.

You laid back down, pulling him to lay down beside you. You wrapped your arms around him, letting him lay his head on your chest while you ran your fingers through his hair.

"You're worth fighting for, Jungkook. I'll prove it to you."

He raised his head and placed a soft kiss in the crook of your neck. He let his head rest there for a while, letting your scent comfort him.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Kookie. Now get some sleep. We've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow."