Home

"Y/n."

You jumped slightly, coming out of your daze.

Jungkook had entered the room at some point, but you don't remember when. You didn't hear him. You wouldn't have known he was talking to you if he hadn't put his hand on your shoulder.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. I guess I didn't hear you come in." You responded wearily.

You were sitting on the edge of the bed, still in your work attire, which was now wrinkled and misshapen from the day.

Jungkook sat down on the bed slowly, his eyes serious and worried at the same time.

"Baby, I never left the room."

"What?" You looked over at him, your brows furrowed in confusion.

"You were talking to me up until about 5 minutes ago. Then you just kind of, I don't know, zoned out."

You shook away the tears that had formed in your eyes. You were determined not to cry.

"I'm sorry. I thought I was fine but...I don't think I am." Your voice quivered near the end.

He pressed his lips together as if fighting tears of his own before pulling you into his arms.

You held back your tears, but clung to Jungkook's shirt tightly as you felt your emotions crash into you.

Fear. Worry. Tension. And most of all, betrayal.

Jin had betrayed you completely. You thought he was someone you could trust. When in reality, he had been the one to hurt you more than Alyssa ever could have.

"Talk to me."

Jungkook's soft, deep voice hummed into your ear that was pressed against his chest. He had began to slowly rock you back and forth a bit. It was comforting.

"I just feel like I won't be able to trust anyone for a while. Not that easily anyway. I mean, Jin was the last person that I would have thought fit into this confusing puzzle." You felt Jungkook nod as he hummed quietly.

And that's when it hit you. You pulled away from him to see his eyes filled with tears.

"You lost a friend today too. I'm so sorry, Jungkook."

You cupped his face with your hand and ran your thumb over the soft skin of his cheek. He leaned into your touch and closed his eyes, a tear slipping down his face.

"He was my best friend. My closest friend. Well, I thought he was. I just don't understand how it got to this. It hurts like hell, but it also makes me furious. He could have seriously hurt you. And he fucking put his hands on you."

You watched quietly while he vented. You didn't want to interrupt him or try to comfort him just yet. He needed to get everything off of his chest first.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there. I should have seen all the signs. They were obvious. If something had happened to you.." Jungkook trailed off as he put his head in his hands and began to cry quietly.

Now it was time to interrupt.

"But you were there. You came to my rescue just in time. At the perfect time, actually."

You reached to pull his body into yours as the two of you laid down together. He wrapped his arms around your waist, his head on your chest while the rest of his body rested between your legs.

"Sure, I was scared. Terrified. But you always keep me safe. I knew you'd save me. I mean, look around. I'm safe now. We both are." You reached to turn his head to look at you.

"I'm home."

Jungkook smiled softly. He squeezed at your sides before leaning up to kiss you.

"I have something for you." He said before getting up from the bed.

"Oh yeah? Well, you know how much I love surprises." You giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

In all honestly, you were more concerned about how Jungkook was feeling rather than a gift at the moment. But it was something he had gotten you so you were excited, nonetheless.

Jungkook disappeared into his bedroom-sized closet where rustling could be heard faintly. He returned to your side of the bed and sat beside you with a small, rectangular box in his hand.

"For you." He said, looking incredibly nervous.

"What is this?" You asked, watching how anxious he seemed as you took the box from him.

"Open it and see."

You raised an eyebrow at him curiously before untying the delicate black ribbon that held the red velvet box together. Your felt your eyes begin to water when you saw what was inside.

"Jungkook, is this what I think it is?" You asked as your lips started to curl into a smile.

"Only if those are happy tears that you're about to cry." He said, his lips slowly curving to match yours.

You pulled the small, gold house key from the box, holding it carefully as if it might shatter.

"It's perfect. It's so fucking perfect."

Jungkook let out an audible sigh of relief before pulling you into his arms once again.

"I'm so glad you're home."