chap 8

∞ ° 𐐪𐑂 ❁ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ❁ 𐐪𐑂 ° ∞

"WE should have known," You muttered in frustration as you and Mitsuya are already in the nth ramen house closed. It's 1:44 in the morning, of course they are closed. 

You looked at Mitsuya and he is roaming his eyes around the area. He pointed at a convenience store not far away from your positions. "Let's just eat anything there." He suggested pointing at the orange, green and red palette of the store.

"Yeah, since we don't have any choice either way." You gave up. You walked side-by-side with him to the store. You look for their instant ramen and choose at the variety they have. 

"We can eat a more decent ramen some other time." 

You looked at Mitsuya in disbelief. "Why are you suddenly being so carefree around me? First, you accepted my invitation which you have never done during the two whole years we have known each other. And now, you seem like..."

"Like what?" He asked completely oblivious that his actions is somehow flattering you.

"Like you are finally appreciating my company and... Nice." 

"Not really. I'm just starving and seeing you disappointed that there's no ramen shop opened at this hour made me want to make up with you." 

"Silly me for raising my hopes high that we are finally getting closer."

"We could have become closer if you stop being so pesky about pursuing me and stuff. We can be great as friends."

"But I don't want to be just friends with you."

"Don't joke, I know you have someone you actually like. You are just too egoistic to admit that someone like me is not noticing you."

That hurts but he is partly correct.

You, yourself, is aware that you don't actually like Mitsuya. You are only pursuing him because he doesn't like you, simple as that. Nothing any related to your feelings, it's just your ego and you finidng him cute.

Suddenly, you felt like opening youself to Mitsuya.

"You are kinda right about that."

"I knew from the very beginning."

"But I don't like anyone in particular."

He turned silent looking at me straight to the eyes to see if I am saying the truth or just one of my self-centered statements.

"The guy you sneaked to your room?"

A memory popped to your mind.

"He's an ex who is currently my best friend helping me out with something."

"So you did sneak him inside your room."

"Are you asking affirmations?"

"Perhaps."