Lost

Emma opened her eyes when she heard a loud sound. She didn't realise that she fell asleep. The first thing she saw was the guy as their eyes met. They both rolled their eyes in annoyance.

"What happened?" She mumbled to herself when she felt the train wasn't moving at all. She could see other people also panicked and looked around. She sat silently on her seat and when she faced the guy, he didn't do anything as he just stared at his phone all the time.
Suddenly, an announcement could be heard.

"Sorry to all the passengers, our train is having a technical problem and we can't move further away for this moment. Please stay in your seats while we're fixing this problem. Thank you."

"What?!" The guy and Emma yelled at the same time making other passengers looked at their direction. They immediately looked at each other as Emma looked at him annoyed while he did the same. She saw a worker was about to walk passed her but she stopped him.

"Excuse me, until when the train can be fixed?" She asked making him wondered for a while.
"Usually, it takes like 3 to 4 hours."
"What?!" They yelled again in sync made Emma turned to him with a slight of annoyed expression clearly on her face.

"Can you stop screaming for God's sake?" She said sarcastically while he laughed in disbelief.
"Are you talking to yourself?" He replied as he rolled his eyes at her.
"Whatever." She turned her attention to the worker again as he smiled awkwardly at her after seeing the fight between them both.

"Well, you can just go out and start your journey from here. It's only taking one hour to arrive at the next train station if you're in hurry. Our surroundings here are not that far from city. No need to worry." He smiled warmly at her. She gasped and nodded.

"Thank you so much!" He chuckled and left. She immediately gathered her things and when she accidentally turned her head towards the guy, he was also busy gathering his things made she frowned.

"What are you doing?" He stopped what he was doing and looked at Emma and raised his eyebrows.
"I want to go out. Why? I can't?" She shut her mouth as she didn't know what to reply. She saw the others were not panicking as they just relaxing in their seats, pushing the thought of leaving the train at the moment. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"That's so patient of them. I can't wait here any longer." She spoke under her breath as she made her way outside.
She was about to close the door when suddenly a feet got stuck between the door. Emma flinched when she heard a scream of pain. She immediately opened the door and  saw the guy earlier yelled in pain and held his feet. He sent her his glare.

"You-- Why can't you see before doing something first?!" He shouted making she rolled her eyes.
"Like i care." She replied as she took her bags and began walking. The guy cursed under his breath as he took his belongings too.

She took out her phone to look at the maps but unfortunately, the line was not that good. She groaned and stomped her feet on the ground. She turned around just to see the guy was holding a big piece of paper as he studied it carefully.

She felt curious, making her way to him and tiptoed to look at the paper. He noticed it and immediately folded the paper and shoved it into his pockets. He scoffed.

"What are you even doing? Just leave then." He spoke.
"You have a map?" He looked at Emma and smirked.
"Yeah i do. So what?" He didn't let her finished as he picked up his things and began to walk.

Emma immediately rushed to him and silently followed him from behind. He stopped in his tracks and turned to her annoyed.

"Why are you following me?" She also stopped as she almost bumped into his back.
"Um, you have a map." He raised an eyebrow.
"So what?" She bit her lips.
"I want to follow you of course. I don't want to get lost." She replied calmly as he snorted.
"I don't want you to follow me." She frowned.
"Why?"
"Because you're just a burden to me. I don't want to take care of you on my journey." He said and walked. She scoffed as she stares at his back.
"Jerk." He stopped walking and turned to Emma.

"My name is not Jerk, burden." He replied in annoyance.
"And my name is not Burden."
"Like i care, Burden."
"Shut up, Jerk."
"My name is James!" He suddenly shouted.
"And my name is Emma!"

Emma shouted back as they stared at each other in anger. He was sure annoying her out.
They stared at each other while breathing heavily.

"Ah, so burden's name is Emma? That's a good name, but it not suits your attitude." He snickered making she formed her hands into fists.

"But my attitude is sure better than you, Jerk. Oh, by the way, jerk suits you. Plus, your name is James. James. Jerk. J and J." She said and smirked. He cursed under his breath.
"I never thought you're really annoying even though we just met." He said mockingly.
"I never thought i would meet a rude guy on the train." She spoke and playfully shook her head in disappointment. He turned and walked while stomping his feet. She looked at him weirdly.

"Just the way he acts showing that he is immature and weird." She muttered and followed him.
He suddenly turned and went to the right, which showing only forest as she looked at him in confusion.

"Why are you going there?" He stopped walking as he sighed annoyed.
"This is the fastest road than following the train track. We can get there by 40 minutes than 1 hour." He spoke and went inside the forest. She couldn't say anything and just followed him from behind.
Few hours passed by as Emma groaned in tiredness.

"You said we can arrive at the next station only by 40 minutes. But we already walked for almost an hour!" He looked at her and cleared his throat.

"I just follow the map, okay?!" She looked at him in disbelief.
"The map? Are you really sure this road is really useful and faster? Are there some websites talk about it?" He slowly shook his head made she gasped.

"What the-"
"I just used my brain. Why? I can't?" He simply replied.
"You can't. I don't guarantee your brain is that smart." He sent her a glare.
"Smarter than you for sure." He snorted and kept walking.
"What if we get lost?" He sighed annoyingly.

"We won't. Trust me."