Ruined Plan

"Remember my words, can you?" James asked as he gently tilted his head to his right. Emma blinked her eyes and frowned.
"Do you want to die?" Her words made James's smile faded away and his eyes widen.

"What the-"
"Stop talking nicely like that to me. It's so cringe." She said and yanked his hands off her head. James looked at her in disbelief.

I just want to be a good guy, can't i?
He sadly thought.

He pouted and sat silently beside her as she watched the television with joy. He looked at her annoyed. He was thinking of something when he suddenly went into his room and slammed the door loudly made Emma flinched.

"This guy.." She mumbled before continuing what she was doing.
James sat on the bed and took out his phone, searching for something.
"I thought she will blush if i pat her head and say those beautiful words. But it seemed useless." He muttered in annoyance.

'How to make a girl fall in love with me.'
Was what he was searching for.
He read what was written in the web as a small smirk formed onto his lips.

"I'm sure she will blush if i do this." He said in confidence and smiled sheepishly. Slowly opening the door of his room, he saw Emma was still watching the television and she suddenly got up, heading to her room. He silently watched her every movement as he stood there. She stopped in front of her door, looking down at her clothes. She seemed busy with something down there as she held the extra thread of her shirt.

James smirked and slowly approached her. He bit his lips, smiling widely before slightly putting his hands on both side of her head. She was still busy with something on her shirt made she looked down all the time. James licked his lips, moving closer to her as time ticked by.

He started to move even closer but not when Emma suddenly pulled her hands on the thread, trying to pull it off her shirt and her elbow hit James's nose.
"Ow!" She gasped and turned around, only to see James held his nose while shutting his eyes tightly. She immediately went to him.

"I-I'm sorry!" Emma spoke in panicked, her hands were wandering in the air not knowing where to put them on him.
"It hurts so much!!" James yelled in pain as he still held his nose. Emma bit her lips.
"Can you let your nose go for a moment? I want to see if it's fine or not." James didn't say anything except following her words. With that, he slowly released his nose, staring at Emma while she had her gaze fixed on his nose. Emma suddenly gasped out loud, making him flinched.

"What's the matter?" He calmly asked despite having the very bad pain inside his nose. Emma closed her mouth with her hands.
"I-It's bleeding." James widen his eyes and immediately rushed to a mirror nearby. He gasped louder than Emma when he saw his puffy and bleeding nose. He turned to Emma while she looked at him in nerves.

"You!" He said and wanted to be mad but eventually, he gave up. He sighed heavily without saying anything which made Emma felt even more guilty. She pouted and suddenly held his hands gently in her grips.
James looked up and his cheeks became red. Emma didn't notice it at all. She looked at him and bit her lips.

"Sorry. Let me treat your nose." She said and pulled him to the living room, making he sat on the couch.
"Do you know where is the first aid kit in Danny's house?" James pointed to a certain space in the kitchen, near the sink. Emma nodded and headed there as soon as possible. She opened the cabinet and saw the first aid kit. Taking it in her arms, she went to James, standing in front of him while opening the first aid kit.

James was stunned by her figure in front of him. He kept staring at her although the blood was running down his nose. Emma widen her eyes, taking some wet tissues and gently wiped away the blood. The way her hands softly brushed against his skin made his heart beating so fast.
Her big doe eyes were focused on his nose while his eyes were fixed on her face. James hissed a little in pain made Emma flinched.

"Sorry. I will do it gently." She said and continued treating his injured nose.

_______________

A man in his middle age came out from the big house and stopped in front of Danny. Danny stood up still as he wore the neat suit with tie. The man smiled at him.
"I want to tell you something, Danny." Danny nodded with his eyes fixed on the man.

"What is it, sir?" Danny asked the old man who treated him like he was his own son.
"Today, my daughter will come home from America. I need your help a little." Danny nodded without hesitation.
"Can you be her bodyguard for the time being?" Danny widen his eyes for a second before sighing. He nodded with a small smile.

"Yes, sir." Mr Miles smiled widely and pat his shoulders gently. Suddenly, Mr Miles saw a big yet luxurious car arrived made his eyes sparkled and immediately walked towards the main gate. Danny frowned and turned around. His breath hitched when he saw the beautiful car.

"So big." He mumbled under his breath. He stood straight when he saw the door opened and his jaw hung opened. It was a girl with long brown hair that curl at the tip. He saw Mr Miles laughed and hugged the girl tightly. The girl also smiled widely before doing the same.

Danny froze in his place. He couldn't believe what he saw. He felt butterflies in his stomach upon seeing her perfect face and beautiful body. He saw Mr Miles dragged the girl with him and finally stood in front of him. Mr Miles flashed him a smile.

"Aubrey, this is Danny. He is my right man and i trust him the most. He will be your bodyguard for now." Danny smiled and bowed a little. Aubrey wore the expressionless on her face as she only flashed him a small smile. She extended her hands towards him.
"Hi. My name is Aubrey Miles and nice to meet you." She spoke with her elegant voice made Danny smiled. He gladly accepted her hands in his.

"My name is Danny Thomas." He replied as he stared at her in interest.