The Girl

Emma and James exchanged gazes as they both froze in their places. Emma slowly turned around, moving her feet to the noise as it became louder any second. James also followed her from behind, trying their best to tiptoed and prevented any noise.

Emma hid behind a wall, as James also did the same when they finally spotted the people.

Emma's eyes widen when she saw two big buff guys were harassing a girl. James squinted his eyes at the unpleasant scene there. Their eyes became wider when suddenly one of the guys took her on his shoulders and pushed her into their car. Emma immediately cursed under her breath as she took a quick run, breathing heavily while James was surprised to see her like that.

"Emma!" He shouted and ran behind her. Emma stopped when she saw the car finally entered the big road as she pushed her hair back in frustration. Fortunately, there was a taxi there. Emma rushed to the taxi and opened the door aggressively, rapping to the taxi driver in a fast way. James immediately went inside as he looked at Emma in disbelief.

"Follow the black car right there faster!"
"Hey! What are you even doing right now?!" James yelled as Emma looked at him, blinking her eyes.

"What? I just want to know where the guys brought her. And i can feel that, it's not a good place." She mumbled as she fidgeted with her fingers in nerves. He sighed as he didn't know what to do. The taxi they were in was faster than any car on the street as it followed the black car's pace.

Emma even frowned when the car suddenly entered a warning area, near the building site that was abandoned since it was dirty and filled with yellow and red tapes. There was a very not tall building happened to be there. As they got off the taxi, Emma immediately fasten her steps towards the car.

James shut his eyes tight in frustration, paying the taxi and just followed to what she was up to. As they went closer to the car, Emma was too busy in searching the car that was parked there, knowing it was the men's car that took the girl before. James widen his eyes as he saw a person was walking to their way. He swiftly pulled Emma's arms to him, making her body landed on him a little.

"W-What are you-" James put his hands on her mouth. He put a finger on his mouth, motioning her to be quiet. Emma's cheeks flushed in red as she realised how closed they both were at the moment. She gulped hard, knowing she could hear his heartbeat that was beating very fast.

"He's gone now." James mumbled when he saw the person left. He sighed in relief and he blinked his eyes when he didn't hear anything from Emma. He slowly looked down at her and saw how red her face was as he widen his eyes.

"W-What's wrong with your face?" He stuttered as he slowly cupped her face, staring at her as he looked at her in worried. She blinked her eyes shyly as she immediately pushed him off her. James groaned in pain when his body made a touch with the dry ground.

"Ow! What was that?!" He whispered yelling while Emma gulped and rolled her eyes.
"You should just tell me that there was a person here just now." James rolled his eyes.
"How can i when you were so focused in looking here and there?" He replied as he stood up and dusted off the dirt on his pants. Emma scratched her head in embarrassment and suddenly gasped.

"What?"
"I almost forgot the reason why we are here." She spoke as James crossed his arms against his chest.
"Right. We ditched our journey just for this." He said in a sarcastic way made Emma looked at him annoyed.
"Shut up." She said and was about to continue staring at the car when James snorted in annoyance.

"For real until when you will stare at this useless car?" Emma rolled her eyes and stared at him again.
"Then what? You don't even know what to do either." James looked at her in an unreadable expression as he pointed his finger to the building.

"I saw those guy went into there. Maybe we could find something if we go in." He said calmly. Emma looked at the building before rushing to it.
James rolled his eyes again as he looked at her tiny figure from afar.

"Not even a thank you." He mumbled and followed her tracks.

As their feet finally landed in front of the door, Emma was about to open the door when she suddenly heard footsteps behind the door. She gasped loudly and immediately held James's hand, pulling him behind the wall as their bodies stick to the wall.

"What happened?" James whispered into Emma's ears.
"There's some people." She replied as her eyes busy stared at the door that already opened. Unknowingly, they could hear what the people said clearly.

"I heard there's a new girl today. Is that true?" The man asked another one.
"Yes. Don't worry, we will give her to you right away." The man smirked and chuckled.
"Thank you. That's all i want. When i come here again an hour later, i want you to prepare the girl for me." He said as the other one nodded his head.

"What do you think they are talking about?" Emma whispered to James.
"I don't know. My mind can't think straight at this moment." James replied nonchalantly as Emma looked at him in disbelief. James blinked his eyes as he got the unbelievable stare from Emma. He just shrugged his shoulders as he smiled sarcastically.

Emma snorted and turned her attention again to the door. James rolled his eyes and turned his head to his right side, as he tilted his head when he saw a small window right beside him. He tapped Emma's shoulders, gaining her attention.

"What?"
"There's a window right here. We can peek if you want instead of going inside. We can get caught." James whispered to her as he pointed to the window. Emma widen her eyes as she saw it and slightly went to there, following by James. They slightly peeked together like they were playing hide and seek, trying hard to discover what happened inside the mystery building.

"Wait!" James yelled making Emma looked at him in surprised. James suddenly pulled her to him, making she faced him.

"What's wrong with you?" James shook his head.
"We have to leave." He blurted out, making Emma confused by the sudden change of plan.
"What? But why?" James sighed heavily as he grabbed both of her shoulders.
"This is an illegal club. We have to leave." Emma tilted her head.

"What's that mean?" James shut his eyes tight.
"This is the place for them to use women as their slaves, to fulfil their needs." Emma's eyes widen upon hearing James's statement.

"Are you trying to say that.." She stopped in her words, trying to find the perfect words to put them together. James looked down and sighed.

"That's why we should leave. This place is dangerous. Let's go, okay?" He said and grabbed her hands tightly in his grips and began to walk only to be pulled back by Emma making him stumbled. James turned to Emma in shock.

"Emma, we have to leave now-"
"Then what will happen to the girl?" James's mouth got shut up by its own. His grips on her hands slowly loosen as he stared at her.

"She must be so afraid now. We have to help her, James." James shook his head desperately.

"We can't. It's too dangerous."
"And it's dangerous for her too." Once again, she shut him up with those simple words that stabbed into James's heart.

"Didn't you see her face when the men took her into their car? She looked so terrified, James. I don't want to leave until i get her out of this dirty place." James sighed heavily.

"Don't you think about her? What if her family is waiting for her to go home? What if she suddenly traps in there and can't go home anymore? What will be her parent's reaction when they know what happen to their daughter?" James's hand slowly balled into fists.

"I can't let an innocent and pure girl gets treated like that. Cause I'm a girl too. I know what it feels." James didn't even once move his gaze away from Emma as he just listened to what she said.

"If you don't want to be here than it's alright. I will go and help her alone. You can leave." Emma said as she looked away. James sighed and slowly made his way towards her figure.

Emma felt his presence in front of her as she looked away. James suddenly gently grabbed her hands, slightly squished them as he let out a soft sigh.

"And I'm not that stupid to leave you all alone to help her."