Escape

One hour and a half later

They sat down on the ground as Emma pushed all of her things on the ground, feeling angry.

"You said we won't get lost. Now where are we?" Emma asked sarcastically. He scratched his head and turned to her with a blank expression on.

"Did i say we will not get lost? Guess you heard it wrong." She cursed under her breath as she felt like she wanted to send him a punch on his face.

"You told me just now." She said with her gritted teeth as he sighed.
"Fine! I'm sorry okay?! I never thought we will get lost." She ran her hand through her hair in frustration.
"You shouldn't make any dumb decision like that anymore. You should find the safest way!" He rolled his eyes and went closer to her. His body towered her tiny one.

"As if you are helping here! I didn't tell you to follow me anyway!" She looked away as she thought he was correct this time. Emma groaned and put her hands on her waist.

"Now, what should we do?" She asked him as he took out his stupid map and put his fingers under his chin.
"We should walk even further." She sighed.
"Plus, it almost noon. We should hurry up." She immediately took her things and suddenly, her credit card fell down on the ground. She groaned because she had to bend down her body to take it.

She was about to put it back into her bag but it seemed difficult. She shrugged and put it into her shoes, thinking it could be safe there.
It already went passed few hours as they kept walking in the forest. Emma mentally cursed herself for trusting that idiot guy named James.

She kept walking until her head suddenly got hit by his back. She touched her head and looked at him.

"Why you suddenly stopped?" She asked in annoyance. He turned to her just to scoff and moved a little.
"There's kinda two ways here. Which one you think is the right one?" She looked to the front and saw how the road in the forest got divided into two parts. She put down her things and took a deep breath. Her bags were sure heavy.

She could feel James looked at her with a frown.
"Are you bringing rocks?" He asked with a snort as she rolled her eyes. She handed her hand at him while staring at those two ways.
Suddenly, she felt a warm thing on it as she immediately looked at her hand and widen her eyes.

"What? I never thought you want to hold my hand. Guess I'm too handsome and make you drool over my handsome face, right?" He spoke with a smirk on his face made Emma jerked his hands away.

"Excuse me? Why would i want to hold your dirty hands?" He dramatically gasped and closed his mouth with his big hands.
"What did you say?! Dirty hands?! How dare-"

"Give me the map." She cut him off as he scoffed and however, putting the map on her palm.

She frowned as she saw how packed the map was and she had to squint her eyes to see it carefully.
James pointed to an area as he looked down at her.
"This is where we are." She raised an eyebrow.
"I don't want to believe you." She said and put her attention on the map again. She heard him sighed and folded his arms.

"I told you the truth. Then, that's why i thought we can go faster by using this road." He pointed again. She blinked her eyes, speechless by his thinking.

"What the- you really thought we can arrive there faster? Didn't you see the green area here? It's all green. It clearly shows that this is forest!"
James cleared his throat awkwardly as he avoided his gaze from her. She groaned in frustration as she stared at the map and tried to figure out.

"You know what?" He suddenly spoke, making she turned her head at him.
"I'm sure this is the right one." He pointed to the left road. She raised an eyebrow at him. She didn't know if she should believe him or not this time. She didn't want to end up sleeping in the forest.

"I'm sure. I'm not joking this time." He said seriously. She sighed since she also didn't know about forest that well. Plus, if they got lost, she wasn't alone in this big thick forest. She had him.

He picked up his things and began to head to the left road. He stopped and turned when he noticed she didn't move from her place even a bit. He rolled his eyes.
"Come here and follow me. I promise, we won't get lost." He reassured her but she didn't reply. Instead, she looked down at her things and sighed heavily.

"Why? Are they so heavy?" He asked as he stood still at his place.
"Yeah."

There was a silence for a second. She looked up at him when she suddenly heard a snort.

"Who told you to bring so many things? They are yours, you have to bear the heavy pain on your body." He said and smirked. She cursed under her breath and sent him her glare as she thought he would help her with her things.

"What's with the glare? You thought i will help you? No thanks." With that, he began to walk, leaving Emma alone. Her both hands formed into fists. Oh how she hoped she could punch him.

-30 minutes later-

"Hey! Can you slow down for a little?" She said between her groan. James stopped and looked at her.
"You are so noisy. Can you shut up your noisy mouth for a second?" He said and kept walking.

'This guy. Doesn't he feel sorry to me at all? I meant, i am a girl. He should give me a hand and help me with my things.' Emma thought as she rolled her eyes annoyingly.

As they kept walking, they could see the light from afar. They both smiled widely and immediately ran to the front in excitement.

"I told you, we won't get lost!" He shouted as they kept running.

'Okay fine, i believed in him.'

"That's a good move, Jerk." James looked at her annoyed as they stopped running and walked since they were nearer to the end of the forest.

"I told you my name is Jam-" He stopped when they already came out from the forest. Unexpectedly, there were two guys already waited for them both. They froze at their places when the guys looked at them deadly in the eyes.

"W-Who are you?" James asked.
The guys walked forward while they walked backwards. Emma could feel the feeling from the guys. And it was a bad one.

And she was right when one of the two guys spoke in his deep voice.

"Give everything you have to us."