Little Talks

James was laying on the couch while sleeping. After the nose incident, he immediately fell asleep to make sure the pain faded away. Emma stared at him from afar and pouted.

"Poor him." She mumbled and went closer to him. He was sleeping so soundly. He put his right arm on his forehead, trying to cover his face from the sunshine. She tried to look at his nose and it seemed like it was getting better made she smiled.
At the same time, James slowly opened his eyes and saw Emma's face was so closed with him. Emma also accidentally looked up, meeting with his eyes. James blinked his eyes before letting out a loud scream, pushing Emma's body.

Emma landed on the floor with a loud thud made she rub her butt in pain. James sat up straight and looked at her with wide eyes.
"W-What did you just do? Did you do something to me when i was sleeping?" He said in fear as he covered his body with his hands. Emma widen her eyes and looked at him in disbelief.
"What?" James gasped and slowly brought his both hands up, covering his chest.

"Such a pervert you are!" He exclaimed loudly made Emma looked at him in disbelief.
"Excuse me? What did you say? Pervert? You really want me to kill you isn't it? Come here!" She took a pillow on the couch and immediately hit his face with force. James widen his eyes and was about to run but Emma was faster than him. She held his arms, stopping him from running away and hit his face multiple times.

"Hey!- I- Just- Kidding-" Each word that came out from his mouth would be cut off by her pillow hit. James had enough as he immediately held the pillow tightly and breathed heavily. Emma who was looking straightly into his face burst into laughter upon seeing his hilarious facial expression.

"You really... Are you sure that you are a woman?" He said between his grunts. Emma laughed and got off him. She crossed her arms and tilted her head at him. James blinked his eyes.
"What?" James asked Emma as she shook her head.
"Nothing. Get ready. It almost dark. We have to go and buy the grocery." She said and went into her room. James looked outside and widen his eyes.
"It's evening already? So fast." He muttered and rushed into his room.

______________

They took a walk since the store was not that far from the apartment.
"Is your nose fine?" She suddenly asked making James looked at her.
"Yeah. A little bit." She sighed.
"I'm really sorry." James chuckled.
"No need to. I know you didn't mean to do that to me." She raised an eyebrow.

"What if I did it for fun?" He frowned.
"Maybe i will pick you up and throw you at the garbage place." His words made she burst into laughter. Hearing her laughter, he smiled warmly.
"Since when you're friends with Danny?" She asked him made he wondered for a while.

"Since we were in college. We were so closed that time. After graduation, I lived with him and then i had to move to Wellington because i got a job there." Emma nodded in understanding.
"What about you? Do you have a best friend?" His question caught her off guard. She poked her inner cheeks with her tongue and bit her lips.

"I don't really have friends." She blurted out making James immediately turned to her.
"What?" Emma looked at him.
"I don't have friends." James blinked his eyes.
"Why?"
"I was home school all the time. I learnt everything online because my parents don't give me permission to study at the college." His breath hitched.

How many times her parents restricted her to do something young people always do?
He thought.

"I had some friends before but they were fake. They didn't really want to be friends with me. So i left them." James nodded in understanding.
"Oh! The store. Let's go." Emma said and headed inside followed by James.

All the time, Emma was busy looking here and there, trying to find the things Danny needed while James gladly pushed the cart and his eyes were on her. He kept thinking about what she just said.

Knowing how her real life that she was dealing with, making he felt upset. He was sure that she was the strongest woman ever. Emma stopped at the food section and stared at the delicious chips which were placed at the highest place. She took a deep breath, tiptoed her foot and began to stretch out her arms as far as she could.

She sighed heavily and pouted. As she turned around to give up on the chips, her body met with James's body as he leaned closer to her, taking the chips in his grips. Emma froze on her place, gulping hard at the closed body between him and her. James successfully took the chips and stood up straight in front of her who was blinking her eyes few times out of embarrassment. He smiled warmly at her when she looked up to meet his eyes.

"Here's your chip." Emma slowly took it from his hands and immediately went away with her red cheeks. James chuckled as he followed her while pushing the cart.

_______________

Aubrey walked down the stairs and her eyes met with Danny's figure who was standing near the stairs. She tilted her head and headed to him.
"Mr Danny?" She spoke out and Danny looked at her.
"Just call me Danny, Miss Aubrey." Aubrey chuckled.

"And call me Aubrey." She said making Danny smiled and nodded his head at her words.
"Do you need something?" He asked as he saw Aubrey was all dressed up. Aubrey looked at him and smiled forcefully.
"Yeah. I want to go out." Danny nodded.
"Let me go with you." Aubrey stopped for a moment and stared at him. She abruptly nodded and went out first.

"Where do you want to go, Aubrey?" She suddenly chuckled making Danny frowned.
"Why are you laughing?" She shook her head.
"You call me Aubrey so fast. If i told somebody else to call me that, they won't do so since it will make them uncomfortable. But you are different." Danny bit his lips.

"My priority is to make you comfortable. If you are uncomfortable by me calling you 'Miss Aubrey' so that's mean i failed in doing my job." Aubrey stared at him through the mirror in the car and unconditionally, a small smile appeared on her face.