Bickering

"Cool?" James nodded his head. Suddenly, he smiled.
"Don't smile like that. You look scary." Emma spoke and went passed him. He held her wrist out of a blue, making she turned to him in confusion.

"What?" He pointed to the money in her grip using his mouth.
"We can use that money to buy food!" Emma scoffed.
"Can you stop talking about food? Aish so annoying." He rolled his eyes.

"Well, now we got new money though." Emma shook her head.
"We have to use this money for taxi." He gasped and clapped his hands excitedly.
"That's right! I've never thought you are this smart." Emma smirked and flipped her hair as it hitting on James's face and he scrunched his nose in disgust.

"Your hair is so sharp. It felt like i got a bunch of arrows on my face." He spoke as he shook his head, making Emma sent him a glare.

"Whatever." She replied and made her way to the convenience store and continued her eating.

_______________

They were now standing beside the road, waiting for a taxi to come. James kept rubbing his stomach, letting out a burp. Emma stared at him in disgust as he raised an eyebrow.

"What? You never burp before?" He said in a sarcastic way. She ignored him, not knowing what to reply. As time passed by, a taxi finally came and stopped in front of them. Emma squeaked with joy and opened the door immediately, following by James.
Emma was about to talk with the driver when suddenly James put his arms in front of her, stopping her from doing so. She frowned hardly.

"No need to worry, I'll do it." Emma slowly nodded and rested her back against the seat and took a deep breath, staring out at the dark sky. Soon after, she felt the taxi had moved.

"It's night already." She heard James mumbled as he also looked outside.
Emma already forgot the reason why she came to Auckland. She wondered what Cole was doing. Her phone already got stolen, she didn't know how to call him and reached for him.
She sighed heavily, only God knew how much in despair she was right now. She looked beside her, looking at James who already fallen asleep. Who knew, her journey became like this? She met with a stranger, leaving the train, entering the forest, getting lost, getting robbed. So many things happened in one day. She wondered what happened the next day and days that would come.

Once again, Emma's eyes opened when she heard the taxi driver spoke.
"We're here." She immediately shook James's body. He seemed to be fallen asleep so deep. He groaned and yanked her hands away made she annoyed.

Emma's hands made their ways to his hair, pulling it hard made him opened his eyes in an instant as he yelled in pain.

"Ow! What are you doing?!" She let his hair go and blew her bangs in frustration.
"We're here." She said making him glared at her as Emma headed outside.

"What the..." Emma mumbled, looking at their surroundings as there were nothing. They were sent to the place where there was nothing at all. Well, not nothing. There was a mini hotel in front of them. She frowned and immediately averted her gaze to James.

"You!" She screamed and stood in front of him, making him startled.
"What?"
"Where you told the taxi driver to send us to?" He laughed.
"Easy. Cheap hotel." He replied nonchalantly made Emma tilted her head. He held her head, slightly turned it around made she stared at the hotel.

"Miss Emma, you should know we have to sleep and it's late already. We have to save money as well. Don't you feel proud of me for bringing us here?" He turned her head at him again, smiling forcefully at her as he tilted his head.

Emma glared at him and yanked away his hands made him hissed in pain.
"Whatever." She replied and entered the hotel by herself.

As she stood in front of the counter, there was no one made she frowned. James just came in and stood behind her as he also stared at the empty space at the counter. They exchanged gazes as Emma was about to say something to James but stopped when a figure slowly came out behind the counter made them both flinched.

"What can i help you?" A girl stood firmly there, showing them an uninterested expression on her face. A lollipop owned her mouth, making a sound of how she sucked it.

"Um.. Can we have two rooms please?" Emma politely asked as she nodded.

"Wait a minute." She said, taking a seat and not too long after that she suddenly stood up again, facing them with her unreadable expression.
"There's only one room left." She said emotionless.
"WHAT?!" They were both shouting but that didn't make the girl surprised at all. She just stared at them while biting her lollipop. James and Emma looked at each other, before awkwardly changing their gazes to somewhere else.

_________________

Emma was just done taking a bath and now her hair was wrapped in a towel. She tilted her head when she saw James laid on the bed and stared bluntly on the ceiling. She cleared her throat, catching his attention as he immediately looked at her. He sat up straightly and rolled his eyes.

"Finally. Thought you will take forever just to come out from the bathroom." He said annoyed. Emma cursed under her breath as she pulled away the towel off her face and threw it on him.

His body landed on the soft mattress, the impact of her towel gave him.
She smirked when she saw he moved the towel away from his face and sent her a glare.

"Are you even a woman?" Emma rolled her eyes and made her way to the bed.
"Just go and take the shower already. You smell bad." He scoffed and stomped his feet on his way to the bathroom. Emma ignored him, finally landed her heavy body on the bed.

'This place is surely weird.'

She meant, that hotel just had five rooms, which those three were already occupied. No wonder it was here, in a remote area. The room was not that big, suiting the price. Knowing there were so many thoughts in her head, that was when her eyelids became heavy and closed by themselves.

James came out from the bathroom, drying his hair with the towel. His eyes landed on Emma's figure that already sounded asleep on the bed. He sighed when he saw she didn't even cover her body. The temperature there was so cold. He brought his feet up to her, bringing the blanket up to her chest, covering her body. He stared at her for few minutes and burst into tiny laughter.

"If only you know how i treat you when you're unconscious, you must be so emotional and cry. Yeah, i know I'm kind. And handsome." He mumbled to himself. He put some thick towel on the cold floor, landing his body on it. He sighed heavily, not knowing what would happen tomorrow.

How could he end up with a stranger? How could he find his destination?

There was still a long way to reach there. He bit his lips, trying to close his eyes when suddenly a sound disturbed him. James startled, looking at Emma who was sleeping. He frowned and slightly raised his head up to look at her.

Her mouth slightly opened. And, she suddenly snored making he jumped in his place. James blinked his eyes in disbelief and shook his head, bringing up the towel to cover his body.

"Such a loud person even when she sleeps." James snorted and went to dreamland.