Care

The next day came after yesterday's incident. James groaned as he woke up and sat on the bed straightly. He cracked his neck bone and got up. He heard the water running inside of the bathroom of their room and he assumed Danny was taking shower. He scratched his head and headed outside.

The moment he opened the door, he froze when he saw Emma was in the kitchen. She was cooking something and she still didn't notice him yet. His breath hitched when he saw Emma started to tie her hair into ponytail. He admired every action she did as he stared intensely. The way her milky smooth skin arms went up to tie her hair made she looked pretty. She licked her dry lips and shook her head a little after successfully tying up her hair and continued her work.

"Stop staring at her as if she is your meal." Danny whispered in James's ears while his eyes fixed on Emma too made James startled.
"What nonsense are you talking about? I'm not staring at her." Danny looked at him.

"I'm not dumb, dude." He said and gently slapped his cheeks and left to go to Emma.
"Hey Emma!" Emma immediately flashed Danny a smile as she greeted him too.
"Danny!" Danny chuckled and spun around his body like a prince, ended up standing in front of her with his hands crossed against his chest.

"What are you making?" She smiled widely. James just stared at both of them from afar.
"Omelette." Danny gasped and showed a thumb up as she giggled with joy. When James saw her smile from where he was standing, unconditionally a small smile crept on his face. Seeing her having so much fun talking to Danny while giggling made his heart fluttered. He loved it.

James walked towards the kitchen, making Emma looked up and saw his figure that settled down at the dining table. She held her laughter when she saw his messy hair and face. James frowned at her.

"What are you laughing at?" Emma shook her head and turned to other side, doing her work and ignored him. Danny stood in front of him and made a gesture. Danny moved his hands to his own hair and made a circle to his face.

James's eyebrows knitted together as he immediately stood up and headed to a mirror near him. He jumped in his place when he saw how miserable he looked like.

"Is this really me?" He muttered and his hands made their ways to his hair, slightly brushed it off. Emma crossed her hands against her chest.
"You look terrible." James looked at her in annoyance before stomping his foot into his room. Locking the door, he could hear Danny's and Emma's laughter echoid around the house. He pulled his hair in frustration.

"I look so ugly. What if she sees me as an unclean person?" He said and looked at the mirror again. He cleared his throat and shook his head.
"No. Emma is not like that. She's kind." As soon those words came out from his mouth, his mind immediately flashed back to when Emma always pulled his hair while cursing non stop. His smile faded away instantly.
"No she's not." He said with a straight face and immediately went inside the bathroom, taking a bath.

James came out of the room and saw Emma and Danny were already digged in their food. He immediately took his seat beside Emma made she looked at him weirdly.
"Why did you sit here?" James looked at her unbothered.
"Why? I can't?" She slowly shook her head. James nodded and ate, ignoring her.

"Do you guys have to go somewhere today?" Emma and James looked at him in sync.
"I don't know. Do you want to go somewhere?" Emma shook her head and continued eating. Danny nodded.
"Maybe i will come home late today. The groceries are all used up already. Can you both go and buy some?" James immediately nodded.
"Of course." Danny flashed a small smile to James and continued eating.
"By the way, this omelette is deadly delicious!" Emma chuckled.
"Thanks, Danny."

______________

Emma was watching the television and she averted her gaze when she saw Danny came out from his room while wearing suit. She tilted her head.
"Where are you going?" Danny flinched when he heard her sudden voice and turned to meet her.
"Work." He replied and went to the door, wearing his shoes.
"Work? What is your job?" As Danny was done with his shoes, he turned a little to Emma and smiled.

"I'm a bodyguard." He winked and left. Emma sat there speechless and gasped.
"Wow! He's a bodyguard? That's cool."
"Yeah he is." Emma flinched when she heard his voice.
"Aish you scared me." He ignored and went to sit beside her.

"Aren't you going out today?" Emma asked James and he shook his head while his eyes fixed on the television.
"Why?" He looked at her.
"Because you don't want to go out so i want to stay here too." Emma tilted her head at his reply. She shrugged it off and continued watching the television.

"Don't you want to buy a new phone? What if your parents are worried about you? You can't contact them at the moment." Emma shook her head without looking at him.
"They won't." James turned his body half to her.
"How are you so sure about that?" She chuckled.

"James, I already lived with them for a long time. There was a time I didn't come home for two weeks because i ran away from them. My friend told me to go home because she said they must be worried about me. I expected them to cry or even scolded me but when i came home, they just flashed me their smile and went to do their works." James kept quiet. He didn't expect that.

"So don't worry. I'm sure they must be so busy that they don't even know nor care what happened to their daughter." James sighed.
"Do you..often cry over them?" He softly asked, wanting to know her answer.
"Of course. What kind of child that not feeling sad when they don't get enough attention from their parents?" James bit his lips. He stared into her eyes that refused to look into his. Her eyes held so many emotions and sometimes, he saw them without any emotion in them. He suddenly smiled warmly and without his notice, his hands made their ways on top of her head, gently patting it.

Emma widen her eyes and froze on her place when she felt his hand on her head. She slowly averted her gaze from the television to him and she was surprised to see he was smiling widely at her for the first time.

"Don't be too sad. Don't ever think that everyone doesn't care about you. Because i do. Not just a little, but many."