Exes

James gasped while Emma closed her mouth in excitement. Danny jumped up and down before tapping James's shoulders few times.
"Dude! Finally you'll get back your lovely clothes!" James faked crying and nodded his head while the two officers laughed a little bit.

"If you don't mind, let's follow us to the police station." James and Emma nodded. Danny looked panicked as he put his arms in front of James before he could go out. James furrowed his eyebrows together at his friend's action.
"What's wrong with you?" Danny pouted.
"I want to follow you both to the police station too." James frowned.
"Then just do so. No one will stop you anyway." He said annoyed and was about to leave but stopped when he heard Emma chuckled.

"He doesn't take his bath yet." James looked at Danny who was pouting sadly and nodded his head.
"What? What were you doing at the room just now? I thought you already took the shower." Danny grinned.
"I just played with my phone and took off my suit." James cursed under his breath as Danny immediately looked away.

"Can you guys wait for me? You both can come in." He said shamelessly and pulled the two officers inside and rushed to his room. James shut his eyes tightly in frustration while Emma just laughed.
"How can you found our things?" James asked as they were all now sitting at the living room.
"We tracked down your phone and first, we managed to detect Miss Emma's-"
"Just call me Emma and call him James." She cut him off as the officer smiled.

"We managed to detect Emma's phone and saw that they were just chilling at the back of the high buildings here. Thank god, we caught them on time before they ran away. They also had some jewelries in their hands and many type of wallets and purses." Emma gasped and nodded.
"They even took out a knife with us on that day." James spoke, remembering the scene clearly.
"Yes, we found a knife pocket on one of them. Don't worry. We'll handle them." James and Emma smiled before nodding their heads.

_____________

The police officers handed the things back to James and Emma. James received the phone happily while Emma's expression became sorrow. Knowing there were so many memories of her and Cole in it, making she felt numb and disgust a little. James headed to where the both thieves sat in as he crossed his arms, looking at them annoyed.

"Because of you two, Emma and I have to go though obstacles. Did you aware of that?!" He shouted but none of those two were scared making him cursed under his breath.
"Hey! Do you hear me?!"

"Shut up!" The boy shouted making James flinched and immediately ran off to Emma and Danny. Emma who was looking at the hilarious scene laughed silently when James stood behind her, reminiscing the same scene again when they got robbed.
"These kids. Don't they know how to respect the people who are older than them?" James spoke out annoyingly made Emma chuckled and smacked his arms.

"They don't. That's why they robbed us." James pouted his mouth as he didn't know what to say.
"Thank you so much for finding our things back." Emma smiled as those police officers did the same to them.
As they headed home, they were taking a walk together.

"Emma, do you know what James usually do when he's drunk?" Danny suddenly asked. Emma looked at him weirdly while James cursed under his breath.
"I don't really know why he loves garbage place so much whenever he's drunk that he always ends up near the garbage place and with that, he smells like a rotten rat." Emma burst out laughter while James looked pissed off as he smacked on Danny's arms.

"Do you know there was once when the police found him and thought he was homeless because of the way he slept on the roadside." Emma kept laughing again as James rolled his eyes.
"And there was once too when he accidentally peed in his pants when our lecturer was asking him questions and he didn't know the answer." James had enough as he went to Danny and gave him a headlock.

"Ow! Ow! Let me go, dude!!" James hummed and shook his head while Emma didn't do anything except for laughing. For her, they looked like youngsters in their 20s. Well, they were in their 20s.
"James?" A voice stopped both James and Danny who was struggling in his grips. They all looked up, only to see a girl at the same age as them.

James's breath hitched when his eyes met her. Danny also seemed surprised as he stood still when James slowly loosen his grips on him.
"What are you doing here?" James's voice sounded so cold. Emma looked at him and her back to back.
"Can i have a talk with you?" The girl said while staring at him.
"I don't want to." He replied without hesitation at all. He walked passed her as she looked down in embarrassment. Danny slowly looked at Emma, gesturing her to follow James. As they walked passed her, she began to speak again.

"Please." James halted his steps when he heard her desperate voice.
"Just 15 minutes."
"10 minutes." James said back and turned to her. She flashed him a smile which he hated the most.
"10 minutes it is." Emma frowned at their talks and she felt the sudden touch in her hands. Looking down, she saw Danny held for her hands and nodded.

Emma sighed and Danny had his grip on her hands firmly, walking away from James and the girl. Danny and Emma hid behind the wall near to where James and the girl were talking at. Her eyes seemed like couldn't leave the two souls. She didn't know what was going on between them both.

But looking at James's facial expression, it looked somehow bad.

He looked angry.

Danny noticed her anxious as he smiled before shifting a little bit closer to her, peeking to James and the girl too like Emma.
"That's Emily." Emma turned to Danny and averted her gaze back to James.
"Emily? Nice name. But who is she? Why James looks so mad and the girl looks scared?" Danny let out a heavy sigh.

"Emily is his ex girlfriend." Emma widen her eyes and looked at Danny in surprise.