Second Encounter

Danny brought Aubrey to a bench at the roadside. Seemed like both of them didn't know what to say.

"What are you doing here?" Danny broke the silence that killed both of them inside. Aubrey gulped a little as she looked down.
"I.. I thought of talking about something with you. I don't know that you don't come to my house today." Danny face-palm himself.
"I'm sorry I forgot to tell you." Aubrey smiled and shook her head.
"It's fine." Danny sighed and nodded.

"What do you want to talk about?" Danny's question caught her off guard. She fiddled with her fingers and licked her dry lips in nerves. She kept thinking whether it was a good time or not to confess but she had to do it sooner ot later. Taking a deep breath, she slowly turned her body to him as Danny also looked at her.

"I will give you my answer now." Danny tilted his head.
"Answer? Answer for wh-" He stopped for a while when he suddenly remembered about it. He looked at her with his eyes wide open, feeling nervous to hear her answer.

"Yes. That one." She replied and looked down.
"My answer is that... I--I like you too!" She screamed with her eyes closed as she still looked down, unable to look at him right in his eyes. There was a silence which made she slowly opened her eyes and looked up to meet with his gaze. To her surprise, he was smiling widely. His eyes showed how happy he was.

"You really do?" He asked softly once again to make sure he heard it right. Aubrey giggled cutely before nodding her head at him. With that, she got welcomed into his embrace as he hugged her tightly like there is no tomorrow. His eyes almost shed tears as he placed his chin on her shoulders.

"Thank you so much. I can't express how happy i am to hear that." Aubrey smiled cutely and pat his back.
"I love you, my love." Aubrey's cheeks turned red a little before she replied the same, in shyness.
"I--I love you too." Danny chuckled as he swayed their body a little, still in each other's embraces. Aubrey couldn't explain how much she felt so happy as if she already got what she wanted.

"My name is Aubrey." She spoke and stretched out her hands for James and Emma. Emma smiled widely as they stared at each other. Emma's eyes moved to James who was sitting beside her but he didn't stop wiggling his eyebrows at Danny to tease him. Emma chuckled and nudged his shoulders made James smiled and sneaked his hands around her waist.

"Congratulations for your relationship." Emma said making Aubrey giggled and nodded her head. As they all had some talks and such, James and Emma decided to go out to give them both some space together at Danny's house.

James and Emma were walking side by side, with James held her hands tightly as he intertwined them together.
"Baby?" Emma hummed in response. James smiled and looked at her.
"Are you going back to Wellington? It almost a month we stay here, in Auckland." Emma suddenly remembered about it as she was deep in thinking.

"Maybe. I already told my parents that i only stay here for a month so i have to go back." James nodded his head in understanding.
"So, you will stay here with Danny?" James looked at her in disbelief.

"No! Why would i stay with him?" Emma flinched a little as she tilted her head at him. James grinned upon seeing her cute facial expression as he mocked her, tilting his head as well.
"Baby, if you go back then i will follow you too." Emma gasped.
"Really?!" James chuckled and pecked her cheeks.
"Of course." Emma suddenly frowned making James confused.

"What about Danny?" James pouted.
"What's wrong with him? He has a girlfriend so he won't be alone." Emma giggled.
"Right? I forgot he has a girlfriend." James smiled and suddenly he brought her closer to him as he hugged her and put his chin on her shoulders. They swayed their bodies as the wind hit their skins freely.

"What's with the sudden hug?" James chuckled and shook his head.
"Nothing. Just want to hold you closer like this." Emma giggled and James slowly closed his eyes, hearing her angelic giggles which sounded like melody to his ears. He felt calmed yet peaceful when he was around her.

"Emma?" That voice somehow made James opened his eyes and they broke the hug. Looking at the front, Emma's eyes widen when she saw Cole stood still, with a girl beside him. James shot him a glare as his hands balled into fists.
"What do you want?" James bravely asked making Cole chuckled.
"Wow. You guys are together now?" James's jaw seemed to clench by itself as he brought Emma closer to him by her waist.
"Of course. We are together." Cole scoffed as he moved closer to them both, his arms intertwined with the girl. Emma's eyes unknowingly landed on her as they looked at each other. The girl suddenly rolled her eyes made Emma annoyed.

"Well, congratulations i guess." Cole stretched out his hands, waiting for James to take it. James looked down at his hands as he looked back to him.
"I don't want to have a handshake with a person like you." Emma seemed to freeze in her place while the girl who stood beside Cole gasped dramatically. Cole poked his inner cheeks with his tongue in frustration.

"Fine. No need to say something bad like that to me." He took back his hands as James didn't reply anything. Emma spared a glance at James and he looked so mad. She didn't know why, somehow she felt scared of what James would do to Cole if he still stood there.

"Is this your girl?" James asked as he looked at the girl up and down. Cole brought her closer as Emma just stared at both of them. She looked down at James's hands around her as she silently smiled a little. Right now, she didn't even care what Cole would do, with whom he wanted to be with. Her feelings for him was all gone as now, it went to James. Her heart beat only for James.

"Yeah. Any problem with that?" Cole asked in annoyance. James sarcastically smiled and shook his head.
"Nothing much. Just stick with your girl and don't disturb us anymore. I don't want my girlfriend to be angry or upset whenever she sees your face. Even i hate it when i see your face. So i don't know what will she feel. Maybe more than hatred." Cole balled his hands into fists as he stepped forward a little, glaring at James before leaving just like that. He left his girlfriend all alone as she stood there with her hands crossed.

"You guys are so annoying." She said in disgust. She suddenly went to Emma, whispering something into her ears.

"Do you think you are that great to have a boyfriend right after you broke up with Cole? Don't dream like that, girl. To be honest, you're not that pretty. You're so annoying in my eyes and i think that's why Cole left you. Have you ever thought why would he suddenly cheat on you?"

She moved back as James looked at her with the same gaze he gave to Cole. The girl left as she flashed Emma a sarcastic smile. Looking at that, James immediately turned Emma's body to face him. He held her both shoulders as Emma just looked at him clueless.

"Baby, what she told you just now?" Emma seemed in daze before she smiled widely and shook her head.
"Nothing important." James sighed as he slightly squeezed her shoulders.
"Tell me, Emma."

Emma was surprised to hear him called for her name. If he called her by her name, that was mean he was serious and not joked around.

Emma replaced her smile with laughter.

"No, James. She didn't tell me something bad, okay? Nothing important she just talked gibberish. Let's go." Emma said and held his hands and began to walk again as James didn't look convinced by her answer.

That smile which once plastered on Emma's face, now disappeared as she kept remembering about the girl's words.