Ignorance

"Oh, hello. Nice to meet you." James said while smiling widely. Emma didn't say anything except replying to her with an awkward smile. Melissa held out her hand, waiting for James to reach it as James gladly accepted it.

"Is it only you here, Mrs Melissa?" James asked. Melissa calmly nodded and smiled. Somehow, Emma felt her smile was not contagious, but a scary one.

"There is no one in my guest house. So i guess you can relax and take your own time in resting." James let out a sigh of relief when he got to know that only Emma and him would be there.

As James and Melissa kept on talking, Emma wandered her eyes around the place. She saw there were so many houses there. She couldn't express the beauty with words. Her eyes looked at the sky. She smiled looking at the picturesque sight. So beautiful.
James suddenly headed to her and tapped her shoulders. Emma turned just to see a group of keys was shoved into her face. She touched her nose that got touched by the cold keys and sent James a glare. James snorted and held the keys back.

"Let's go. Melissa invited us for dinner tonight." Emma nodded and began to follow James who already walked leaving her alone. Emma gasped at the gorgeous decorations and the place they would stay in for the day. She squeaked with joy as she ran here and there to find a room. She opened a door and closed her mouth, almost crying.

"This is too beautiful." She sobbed. She was about to enter the room when suddenly she got pulled back by a firm hand on her clothes, making she stumbled. Turning to her left, she saw James was staring at the room while sniffing the scent.

"What are you doing?" She asked in confusion. James abruptly turned to her, tilting his head and smiled.
"Get lost. This is my room." Emma widen her eyes and shook her head multiple times.
"Excuse me? I came here first!" James rolled his eyes and folded his arms.

"So what? I got the keys of this house so you should respect my decision." Emma scoffed.
"Respect your decision my foot! Whatever it is, i don't want to leave this room. It belongs to me!" James's gaze began to darken as he stared at her.
"Like i care? I want this room!"
"No! It's mine!"
"I said i want it!"

_______________

James sat on the bed while folding his arms against his chest, pouting hardly. He played rock, paper and scissors with Emma and unfortunately, he lost. Emma happily took the room and closed the door right in front of his face made him annoyed.

"Jeez, i hate this." He said and laid down on the bed. He heard some noises out of the room as he immediately got up, heading outside. The day already turned dark. James came out and saw Emma was resting on one of the couches. He took a seat in front of her, trying to open the television.

"James." Her voice called out for his name.
"What?" He asked yet his gaze was still fixed on the television.
"Don't you think that Melissa is kinda weird?" James frowned and turned to her. He rested his back and raised an eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Emma sighed and brought her body forward to him.
"I mean, don't you see the way she dressed? Who will wear red dress just like on wedding day? She even has that kind of thing to cover her face. Does she want to get married or what?" James cleared his throat.

"I don't...know. And i don't care." He simply replied.
"Maybe she loves to wear that kind of dress." He added. Emma bit her lips, nodding her head in understanding.
"Get ready. Melissa wants to eat dinner with us." James said and made his way to his room that he didn't kinda like it.

The reason he didn't really like the second room was because there wasn't any bathroom in it. The room owned by Emma had a bathroom so she wouldn't have to go out. For sure, James was a very lazy person to be exact.

___________________

James and Emma sat down at the dining table as Melissa flashed them her wide smile. James smiled back, not knowing Emma just kept staring at Melissa without saying anything. Once again, Melissa wore different dress but still red. Her lipstick was so thick made Emma wanted to puke.

James and Melissa were busy chatting here and there until they forgot about Emma's existence. Emma just played with the steak that was served in front of her, feeling annoyed took over her body. Whenever she looked up, she would see a wide smile plastered on James's face as he kept laughing with Melissa.

Guess he already found the one for him.

She thought silently and rolled her eyes. Melissa's eyes unknowingly landed on her as she gasped.

"Oh god! I'm sorry for not noticing you! What's your name?" Melissa spoke out, making Emma stared at her in annoyance but still, she hid it with a fake smile on.

"My name is Emma. Nice to meet you." She smiled forcefully and James noticed it. He slightly kicked her foot under the table as they say beside each other. Emma flinched and looked at him in confusion.

"Don't show your fake smile to her. It's too obvious." He whispered as he went closer to her ear. Hearing that, Emma's smile immediately disappeared as she just stared bluntly at Melissa who looked at her awkwardly.

"Is she your girlfriend, James?" James's eyes widen.
"No!" Emma and Melissa flinched upon hearing his loud voice.
"A-Ah i mean... No?" He said again unsure. Emma rolled her eyes without knowing the real reason why she felt annoyed.

"You guys can talk. Don't mind me." Emma said and flashed them both a small smile. James gulped hard, trying to read what she was trying to imply. Melissa tapped James's hands, inviting him for a conversation once again.
As they kept talking, Emma would spare a glance between James and Melissa. She gritted her teeth as the both souls didn't even act like she was there in the first place. Seemed like they took her words seriously. Emma suddenly stood up, catching their attentions. James tilted his head at her.

"I want to go to the toilet. Can i?" Melissa smiled and nodded. Emma bowed a little and left, feeling pissed off. She folded her arms and looked at both of them from afar.

"They both sure have so much fun without me." She exclaimed and dramatically turned her head to the front and went to the toilet. Going inside the toilet inside of Melissa's house, she felt chills all over her body. She hugged her body in confusion.

"Why it suddenly becomes so cold here?" She mumbled under her breath and went inside the toilet. After done with that, she stared into the mirror and washed her hands. Tucking her hair behind her ears, she heard something behind. Some noises.