Jealousy

The next day came as Danny already started his job as a bodyguard for Aubrey. They were out of the house. Aubrey opened the door and went ahead while Danny kept up his pace. As she stood near the road, a motorcycle was about to go passed her but she didn't realise it. Danny widen his eyes and rushed to Aubrey, he spun her around made she landed in his embrace as the motorcycle went passed them.

Aubrey's eyes widen as she froze and her cheeks were red. Danny sighed in relief. He immediately looked down at her. "Are you alright?" He softly asked. Aubrey gulped down her saliva as she awkwardly looked away. Danny realised their position made him immediately let her body go.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." She replied and immediately walked away, leaving him alone as he scratched his neck.

____________

Emma was chilling on the couch when suddenly James came out from his room all dressed up. She looked at him in confusion.
"Where are you going?" James raised an eyebrow.
"Park." She frowned and sat up straight.
"Park? Why?" James rolled his eyes.
"Do i need a reason to go there?" Emma scoffed.

"I want to go there too. Wait for me." She said and rushed to her room.
"But- Ugh whatever." He said and waited for her at the dining table. Coming out from her room, James saw she just wore simple hoodie as she only bought that before. He somehow felt pity on her. He had few clothes than what he bought before and if he could, he just borrowed some of Danny's clothes since their sizes were almost the same.
"You're ready?" He asked as he stood up. Emma nodded and with that, they headed out.

__________

Taking a walk, Emma closed her eyes as she inhaled the fresh air that entered her nose and lungs. She smiled widely.
"This is so calming. Don't you think so?" James slightly nodded his head, completely agreed with her statement.
"Do you always go out alone at Wellington?" James took a few seconds to wonder about it.
"Not really. I'm so busy to even think of going out for a walk. Plus, I live alone. Even when I'm home, I can feel the peace." Emma nodded.

"What about you?" Emma smiled sadly.
"No?" James asked again as she replied with a tiny nod. He sighed.
"Have you ever go out from your house alone?" Emma pouted and shook her head made James knitted his eyebrows together.
"Your parents didn't allow you?" She shook her head again.

"I just don't have the need to go out. I don't know why." She replied as she looked down. James was about to say something but she cut him off.
"Park!" She said and ran towards the park, leaving him alone there. He saw she sat on one of the benches as she closed her eyes and inhaled the air. Well, again. That was the main reason why people would go to the park, isn't it?

He put his hands inside his pocket and admired her figure from afar.
A heavy sigh escaped from his mouth as his eyes never left her for once. She looked so happy as she saw many kids there, playing with each other. He blinked his eyes and looked away.

''But everyone wants happiness.'' He remembered her words before that stabbed right into his heart. He smiled sadly as he stared at her that now played with some kids.
"Now I'm glad i told you to stay instead of leaving." He mumbled and slowly made his way to her direction.
"You're having fun here?" Emma flinched and turned around, seeing James she flashed him a small smile.

"Yeah. Thanks to you." She said and put her hands between her knees. James took a seat beside her and softly looked at her as if he didn't want to look away from her face. She noticed it and furrowed her eyebrows together.
"Why are you looking at me like that? There's something on my face?"
"Yeah." He blurted out made Emma tilted her head.
"Really? Where is it?" James slightly came forward her body as she moved back a little. He smiled and brought up his left hand to her left ear, slowly tugging her hair behind her ears. Emma froze on her place with her eyes widen.

James smiled widely and moved back.
"Just your hair." He said and looked away while Emma's cheeks were red due to nerves and embarrassment.
"Emma, do you want ice cream?" Emma turned to James in hurry as her face lit up.
"Ice cream? Of course!" James chuckled and nodded.
"Wait here then. There's an ice cream truck over there." James got up and rushed to the truck while Emma sat still, swaying her feet up and down while humming a song.

After waiting for a long time, she became bored and decided to go to James. Getting up, she yelled in pain when she suddenly got bumped into someone.
"Ow!" She rub her head in pain.
"Emma?" Emma opened her eyes and immediately looked up, meeting with the familiar eyes. She gasped.
"Justin?" With that, Justin burst into small laughter. He nodded.

"Yes it's me. I'm sorry for bumping into you. Are you alright?" Emma smiled and nodded.
"Yeah I'm fine."

James brought the ice cream in his grips and headed to Emma. He smiled sheepishly and jumped up and down a little as he went to her. But he halted his steps when he saw Emma was talking to a guy. He frowned and when his eyes caught the guy, he gasped.
"That guy again?" He said out loud in disbelief. He stared at both of them annoyed as he pouted and cursed under his breath. He didn't like the situation at all. Stomping his feet, he went to them.

"What are you doing here?" Emma scratched her neck.
"Just for fun."
"Did you come here alone?" Emma shook her head.
"No i came here with-"
"Me." Justin looked beside him and saw James stood still with his anger face on. Emma looked at him weirdly as he kept growling at Justin without any specific reason.

"What's wrong with you?" She whispered but he didn't say anything made she just sighed.

This guy is really unreadable.

"Nice to meet you again." Justin smiled at James but he just gave him glares. Justin licked his lips in nerves upon feeling the rage in his eyes.
"By the way, i actually want to treat you both for dinner. My mom told me to do so." Emma gasped.

"No. We're busy." James butt in as he suddenly stood in front of Emma, covering her sight from seeing Justin. Justin blinked his eyes cutely as he didn't know what to say. Emma sighed in disbelief before putting her hands on James's cheeks and pushed him away made him stumbled.
"No we're not busy. I would love to have dinner with you." James looked at Emma in disbelief as he widen his eyes. Justin clapped his hands in excitement and nodded.

"If you said so, let's meet tomorrow at Lancaster Restaurant on 8 pm." Emma nodded while smiling widely. On the other hand, James annoyingly tapped his foot on the ground as he stared at both of them.
"I'm gonna take my leave now. See you both tomorrow." He simply said and left them both alone.
"You're done?" She turned to James who looked so done and pissed off.
"Yeah. Absolutely done." She said in a sarcastic way and stretched out her hands at him.
"My ice cream?" James looked at her clueless.

"I already ate them because i was angry and just stuffed my mouth with the ice creams." She looked at him in disbelief as he didn't say anything else and walked past her, pouting hardly while crossing his arms.
"He's surely weird." Emma muttered under her breath before following him.