Haunted

Turning around, she saw nothing. She began to feel the same chill again as she wrapped her arms around her body. She shook her head and left.

The truth was that a cat was playing with its ball and created some noises. But Emma being dummy she was, she didn't bother to check on it.

After few hours of the eating and talking session, James and Emma walked to their guest house. Emma still looked here and there, feeling nervous so sudden. She kept sticking to James, which made him looked at her figure in confusion.

"What's the problem with you?" He raised an eyebrow at her. Emma turned her head to him and made a gesture with her head, showing a 'what' sign. He stopped walking made she also stopped as their arms brushed against each other.

"Why are you sticking to me like a glue?" Emma noticed it and awkwardly moved away a little as she cleared her throat. James scoffed and faced her.
"You're acting so weird right now and earlier." Emma looked at him through his eyes. His eyes only showed annoyance.
"No i didn't." James huffed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever." He said and went on his tracks, leaving her alone in the middle of the thick trees everywhere. She desperately rushed to him.

_________________

Emma was now laying on her bed, covering her body with a thick yet soft blanket. Her eyes were closed, but she couldn't stop sweating. Opening her eyes, she heard a sound came out from the window as she immediately hid her body in the blanket. Her figure was shaking badly, despite having a very cold atmosphere in the house. The sound she heard was like scratches here and there on the house's wall outside. Her body flinched everytime she heard the same sound over and over again.

She shut her eyes in frustration before running outside of her room with her blanket still covered her head and body as she dragged it along the small hallway, heading to James's room. Her hands made their ways on his room door, knocking it multiple times in rush.

On the other hand, James was tossing in his sleep as he heard the knock on his door. He groaned in annoyance and continued to sleep. Emma hissed in anger when she knew he wouldn't open the door anytime. She barged into his room only to see his sleeping figure on the bed while hugging a big pillow on his right. She gulped and went closer to him, slightly tapped his arms as he squinted and groaned.

"James!" She whispered. James still didn't budge a little made she frustrated. This time, she shook his body with a little force made him opened his eyes and looked at her annoyed. Again.

"What are you doing here?! Just let me sleep." He said after yelling and closed his eyes again. Emma scratched her head and once again whispered into his ears.
"I heard something in my room! I'm scared!" James shook his head with his eyes still closed tightly.

"Nothing happens I'm sure. Just go to sleep." He said and tossed around but Emma held his arms.
"Just help and take a look at it! I'm sure it's a ghost or something! The sound is still there i can hear it!"

"Just sleep can you?" He said with his eyes slightly opened but Emma didn't care less as she kept pleading him.
But her words automatically were cut off when James suddenly pulled her by her skinny arms, making she fell onto the bed with him beside her. Her eyes were opened as wide as the ocean.

"W-What are you doing?" She mumbled as she froze.
"Sleeping. You are so noisy and you should be thankful that i let you use that room but still, you didn't let me sleep in peace. If you are that scared then just sleep here." He said with his eyes closed, unbothered by the situation they were in.

"I-I have a boyfriend." Those words somehow made James slowly opened his eyes and stared at her face. He saw that she was shocked by his sudden action.
"I will sleep on the couch then." He muttered and was about to get up but Emma stopped him.