Cheater

Emma couldn't hold it anymore, her eyes that were holding tears were finally let them out. Her cheeks were wet with tears as they drastically came out from her pretty little eyes.
James hummed something into her ears, still pulling her into his embrace. His hands swiftly moved up and down, rubbing her back gently. Cole squinted his eyes upon seeing the scene in front of him.

James broke the hug and held her hands. Emma looked at him with her red eyes as she sobbed.
"Let's go away from here." He whispered with a soft tone, gently pulling her with him to somewhere.

______________

James and Emma were sitting on a bench, near the park. James slightly turned to Emma who was busy crying her heart out. He sighed and slowly moved closer to her. Bringing up his hands, he slightly pat her back gently. Emma's chest moved up and down as she cried.

"I-I can't believe him!" She screamed making James jumped a little. He bit his lips, not knowing what to do to make her stop crying. Something came into his mind as he slowly wrapped his arms around her tiny figure. Emma stopped sobbing the moment she felt his warm arms around her.

"What are you doing?" She asked between her sob. James licked his dry lips and cleared his throat.
"Uh, my mom said giving a warm hug to someone in despair can help them to calm down." Emma blinked her eyes as she felt calm. It was true of his mother's words.

"Emma?" Hearing the voice, James looked up with Emma still in his embrace and his jaw clenched upon seeing him. Emma broke the hug and turned to the person. She became speechless as she looked away.

"We need to talk." Cole said as he stared down at her.
"I don't want to talk to you." She replied nonchalantly. Cole sighed and went closer to her. He was about to touch her hands but she quickly moved away a little, being closer to James who just stared at her without saying anything.

"Just get lost." She blurted out. Cole shook his head firmly.
"No. I want to talk." Emma sighed heavily as she looked down. James tapped her hands slightly, giving her a nod as he stood up. His eyes met with Cole as they went through them. He sent him a glare before slowly went to the back, pushing away the thought of disturbing their talks.

Cole took a seat but Emma immediately stood up. She crossed her arms against her chest and wiped those tears that didn't stop coming out of her eyes. Cole bit his lips and stood up as well, facing her body.

"I'm...sorry." Emma laughed in disbelief.
"That's all you gotta say after i caught you?" She said in anger. Her eyes showed how hurt she was.
"W-What are you doing here by the way?" He hesitantly asked.
"None of your business." She said coldly. Cole looked down.

"I came to surprise my boyfriend." He looked up upon hearing her statement.
"Ah, i mean ex-boyfriend." Cole fiddled with his fingers as he kept biting his lips.

"Since when you cheated on me?" She asked faintly. Her voice was audible.
"S-Since i came here." Emma let out a small laugh.
"I knew it."
"Is that why you've been ignoring my calls and texts?" Cole shook his head.

"I didn't ignore them! I'm just-"
"You're just what?" She cut him off, feeling anger took over her body.
"Late." Her hands slowly balled into fists.

"Look, I'm sorry i won't do it again." He said gaining a glare from her.
"You think I'm dumb?" She asked as she raised her tone a little.
"Once a cheater, always a cheater." She whispered slightly.
"I trusted you. But you broke it. I-If only you told me that you don't love me anymore and want to break up it's even better-"

"You will feel the same and react the same too." He cut her off.
James who was leaning against the tree clenched his jaw due to Cole's words. Somehow, he could hear what they both were talking about although he stood a little far.

"It's even better to catch you cheated on me like this!" She yelled loudly. Cole rolled his eyes.
"And what about you? You also have a boyfriend already, aren't you?" Emma blinked her eyes as she stared at him right through his eyes. She only saw one thing in his eyes. Annoyed.

"What nonsense are you talking-" Cole scoffed.
"You think i didn't see you just got a hug from that guy earlier? That's your boyfriend isn't it?" Emma clenched her jaw and went closer to him.

"Listen. I don't give a damn what exactly on your mind about me but here's one thing you should know."

"I'm a loyal person, not a cheater." She said as she moved back.
"Just get lost before i punch you on the face." She said coldly made Cole didn't say anything and left her alone. The way he just left and didn't even try to convince her made she burst into silent tears. Her head hung low, tears once again wetting away her cheeks.

She suddenly felt someone stood in front of her and she felt the sudden touch on her knees. Opening her eyes, she saw James was crouching down putting the plaster gently on her injured knee. After he done with it, he stood up straight while facing her.

"Hey.." She heard James's voice, gently calling out for her. She didn't reply, yet busy crying her heart out.
James took her hands, leading her to the bench and sat her down.

"You don't deserve him." He spoke out loud, making Emma opened her closed eyes and looked at him. James unconditionally slowly brought up his hands, wiping her tears.

"You deserve someone better." He added. He slightly rub her back, giving her a calm and soothing time. She sighed and looked down again. Tears seemed like they won't stop coming out anytime.

"It's okay to cry sometimes." James said and moved closer to her.
"I know how you feel. I already felt it before." Emma stopped sobbing and stared at him. He sadly smiled and replied her the same stare.

"I once had a girlfriend. She cheated on me too." He calmly spoke.

"Turned out she already cheated on me for 3 months and I'm so stupid to even notice it. I literally poured all of my love to her, but she didn't took it seriously. One day i saw her got into a room in the bar and i was confused. I planned on taking her out to date on that day but she said she was busy. I went to the bar and saw her yet i saw something unpleasant there when i entered the room."

"It hurts. I know how it feels. It feels like, you just got stabbed by many arrows on your body." He turned to Emma.

"Don't worry too much. People like them aren't worth to date with. I know, you deserve someone better than him. You will find the right one sooner or later. Just get that stupid guy out of your mind." Emma slightly chuckled at his last sentence.

James smiled and slowly laid his back, thinking there might be something to hold onto his back.

Luck maybe was not on his side when he fell with a loud thud.