Danny

Emma's eyes widen when she saw what just happened. James groaned in pain loudly as he held his back.

"Ow! Ahh it hurts!!" He whined and rub his back. A loud laughter cut him off to have his drama moments when he looked up and saw Emma was closing her mouth while laughing loudly.

"What's so funny?!" He shouted. Emma shook her head, laughing hardly.

"You just fell. Gosh how i hope i can record your face the moment you fell. It's hilarious!!" She began to laugh again. James looked at her annoyed and forgot about his back pain for a while. Emma bit her lips and stretched out her hand, making James raised an eyebrow. She rolled her eyes.

"You want to get up on yourself?" He pouted and caught her hand, standing up straightly as he dusted off his clothes and pants. They once again took a seat together and stared somewhere, which for sure not in each of their eyes.

"Are you feeling better now?" James blurted out. Emma softly smiled as she nodded.
"Thanks." James let out a soft chuckle.
"I don't know if I'm helping but if i do, you're welcome." Emma laughed silently.

"Do you mind telling me something that can help my mind to throw that jerk out for a moment?" That question somehow made James's mouth slowly curved up.
"I have a lot to tell you to." Emma turned to him and slightly raised an eyebrow while smiling.

"You want to know?" She slowly nodded with that smile still plastered on her face.
"Let me tell you about my family." He took a deep breath as he put his hands between his legs and poked his inner cheeks with his tongue.

"My parents got divorced when i was a kid." Those words that came out calmly from his mouth made Emma's smile slowly disappeared from her face.

"My dad left my mom for another woman. I can't forget the day he literally threw the divorce paper on my mom's face and left just like that. My mom was a crying mess. She locked herself in her room. I was 15 that time. I felt stupid for not helping her to calm down. But suddenly one day she came out from her room and smiled at me. She said she would take a good care of me from then. And she really did. She did well without my dad by her side and that made me amaze with her. She's the most amazing mother ever. As i grew up, i found out she was sick. I tried everything, i bought her some medicines and such but her illness was increasing. And she died. The day she died was the same day i found out about my girlfriend was cheating on me." He told the story as his gaze was stuck on the ground all the time.

Emma just stared at his figure that was in despair and she knew how heartbroken he must had felt. Slowly brought up her right hand, she gently pat his back, making him calmed down a little. Without her knowing, his tears already wet away his cheeks made she sighed heavily. Suddenly, James's body got pulled as he ended up in Emma's embrace. He opened his eyes wide when he felt the warm she gave him.

"I heard giving a warm hug to someone in despair can help them to calm down." She mocked. James slightly chuckled as he calmed down in her arms. He put his head on her shoulders, inhaling her sweet scent. Unconditionally, he smiled warmly.

_______________

"Are you sure his house is near here?" Emma blurted out as she looked around. James stopped walking so suddenly, making she bumped into his back.

"Ow!" James turned around and snorted.
"Can't you look to the front when you walk?" Emma sent him a glare.
"Can you don't stop walking so suddenly?" She snapped back. James rolled his eyes and finally pointed to one of the tall buildings in front of them. Emma tilted her head.

"That's where he lives. In an apartment." He said and began walking, leaving her all alone as she kept holding her nose in pain.
"His back is sure a metal." She mumbled before following him inside.

James was busy searching for the place while Emma just followed him from behind. As they went passed a door, she heard few screams and laughter making she flinched. The hallway was so noisy as she assumed, people lived there were having their moments together.

"What the.." She muttered and kept on walking. James finally stopped in front of the door as he took a deep breath. He finally knocked on the door, receiving silence. He tilted his head.

"Are you sure your friend still lives here?" James turned to her.
"Of course. I came to Auckland to meet him." He said and suddenly they both heard the door was opened by a skinny guy, who had brown straight hair and he looked so neat. He wore a short sleeve dark blue shirt and his eyes were a bit silver. He was brushing his teeth.

"Who are-" He stopped the moment his eyes met with James's. He gasped for a second and closed his mouth. He ran inside made Emma confused then he came back without his toothbrush.

"JAMES! My dude!" He screamed loudly before welcoming James into his arms and they jumped up and down like kids. Emma chuckled a little, seeing their childish behaviour.

"Dude! Why did you just come now?! I miss you so much like i think i will die without you!" The guy exclaimed as he hugged James even tighter.
"Stop with your drama!" James replied. Emma just stood there awkwardly making James turned to her. They broke the hug and James cleared his throat.

"Emma, this is Danny. Danny this is Emma." James spoke as Danny smiled widely, stepping out of his house a little to have a handshake with Emma. He secretly nudged James's shoulders with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Your girlfriend?" James widen his eyes and slapped his neck loudly. He yelped in pain making Emma jumped in her place.
"Nice to meet you, Emma." He warmly smiled at her.
"Nice to meet you too, Danny."

"Come inside. Let's have a talk together." Emma nodded and they both headed inside.
"So.." Danny began to speak. They were now sitting at the dining table.

"Are you both friends?" He asked as he intertwined his fingers together, putting them on the table and stared at both of them in suspicion. James scratched his head, not knowing what to answer. Emma also fiddled with her fingers as her eyes wandered around the house.

"Actually,"